Author Topic: 1.0 old release & Download links  (Read 35180 times)

comrade_general

Re: NEW FULL RELEASE
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 04:42:56 PM »
No problem. Welcome to the Exilian! :)

comrade_general

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 09:52:49 PM »
Oooops. So both my other uploads will fail, great.  :P
Once the db one is authed you should just make it the primary. ;)

Primtac

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 07:43:16 PM »
any idea when this is gonna be authorized? cuase i told all my friends that it was out and they freaked when they found out the download didnt work. im scared for my life here.

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »
how do i get it to work?
Tis but a scratch...

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 08:16:44 PM »
nevermind got it working

looks even better than before
Tis but a scratch...

Primtac

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 05:34:53 PM »
Hey guys, sent some questions to jubal but I suppose he is busy so I will ask the questions to you guys. With the current download there is some kind of issue and I thought we were all supposed to wait for the new download to be authorized. I tried the existing download but Im not sure how to get it working. You copy the WHTW folder into rome total war and then what? do you copy the shortcut or drag the shortcut to the desktop or whatever? I thought there was some kind of issue with the shortcut being named something other then the file name. assistance please.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 08:06:29 PM »
There shouldn't be any issue with the shortcut naming, and the location of the shortcut shouldn't matter.

The important things are:
- Check the file structure goes Rome - Total War/WHTW/Data, not Rome - Total War/WHTW/WHTW/Data
- Check that your shortcut points to your actual Rome - Total War directory; right-click the shortcut, hit "properties" and you'll see a command line with the file path and a switcher to go the mod folder. If the file path doesn't go to your Rome - Total War folder you'll need to change it.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

goldfang

• everything comes to an end, embrace death
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »
problem

after 1 hour or so the game stops working and the saves dont work either

Darkness_rising

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 02:51:45 PM »
I had to register to express how incredibly awesome this mod is, I cant wait to sink countless hours of my life into playing ir; the campaign map I particularly like. I also have a couple of questions:
1) Do you have any plans to implement UI and ancillary cards? I understand from other modding teams that these are particularly laborious to make, but they do add to immersion.
2) While giving the orcs and goblins a trial run, I noticed that there is more than one unit type called "Ork Boyz" recruitable, which I later discovered in battle to be spear and axe variants. Will you be adding any details to the unit cards to distinguish between these?
3) Again with the orcs and goblins; what is the purpose of the Waaagh Banner? It reduces order by 40%, and lets you recruit Ork Boyz which are already recruitable from the main town building. There doesnt seem to be much need for it.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 04:27:41 PM »
The WAAAAAGH Orcs are cheaper, have lower upkeep, and come in units of sixty. So order penalty on the minus, cheap hordes of troops on the plus. :P

We'd love to do UI cards, but as you say the difficulty is getting someone with the time to do them all, which none of us have at present. If and when someone does, we'll do them, if nobody does it's unlikely we'll be able to.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »
All the new Skaven models have been successfully added!  :)

comrade_general

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »
Huzzah!

m schaff

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 02:03:30 PM »
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install this help would be appreciated. Thanks. I downloaded it from all three links and cant figure out who to install it to the total war rome. I don't know if this effects anything but i have the map version of Total war Rome.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 02:58:55 PM »
Okay, so you have the folders you downloaded, which go WHTW/Data and so on.

You then find your Rome - Total War folder.
You copy or cut and paste your WHTW folder inside your Rome - Total War folder.
You then make a new Rome - Total War shortcut, right click on it, and hit properties.
Rename the name of the shortcut to Warhammer Total War and put -mod:WHTW at the end of the command line.

That's the basic procedure, is there anything that you need particular help with?

m schaff

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
It wont let me move the WHTW folder into the rome folder it just has a circle with a line through it and it wont let me drop it in.