Author Topic: variant of save problem  (Read 2391 times)

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
variant of save problem
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:08:20 PM »
Hi - amazing mod - my favourite fantasy total war mod, but i have either the usual CTD and reload save problem or else a variant of it - don't know which.

Sometimes the game just crashes and i get a "Rome total war has stopped working" message with the sub-text "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". After that no save game from that campaign will reload - any save from that campaign i try to load i get the same crash at the end of it loading the loading bar on the loading screen.

I haven't disabled autosave (does this make a difference ? - and if so how do you do it?)

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium. I have an Intel HD Graphics 4000 card and an Nvidia GeForce GT 640M video card.

I've no other problems running the game at all.

I was thinking about the load problem and possible causes of it. Now these may be stupid suggestions (i'm not a modder so please don't flame me if this is silly), but you know how in this mod as a player you have to choose your heir or else you lose the game when your faction leader dies - could it be that the AI factions aren't doing this and that's causing the crashes? Or would that just put them out of the game? Or could it be a coding problem in them trying to set an heir and there's something wrong with the code and they can't and that's causing the problem?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:35:59 AM by comrade_general »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
One of the problems is related to family trees, you're right (specifically it's that the heirs for some factions aren't linked into the proper family tree in the released version, and then the family ends up with two characters with the same name and internal ID at times and that confuses the program to death).

We are (slowly but surely) working on a version with more fixes, and a few new unit types, and campaign win conditions, hopefully to be released sometime in early 2013 (work is slower as I'm now at university).

Disabling autosave sometimes but not always seems to help.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...