Author Topic: The HILL Rpg's official ideas / discusion thread.  (Read 3339 times)

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The HILL Rpg's official ideas / discusion thread.
« on: April 10, 2012, 10:02:20 PM »
The Fist HILL RPG is over:
http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1703.0

What have you liked OR disliked in the very first game? A new HILL RPG will be set up, possibly within a month from now.

Opinions from players, spectators and forumites will be apreciated.

Thanks, Dimos.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:03:51 PM by Dimos »
Team member of: Europe 1080 / Southern Realms / Britannia 1100 Gold

Ladyhawk

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The HILL Rpg's official ideas / discusion thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »
Right well. As I posted before , I like the idea of armies. You know the one Phoenixguard created. It was a good idea.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 06:55:07 AM »
It would be cool if it had like a Total War aspect to it. It would be so much fun!
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 02:41:28 PM »
As I posted on the game thread, it won't be in MY game. Phoenixguard will do HIS version in which there will be armies. You can simply play his, not my version. I explain that more on the game thread. Cheers.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:28:39 AM »
Armies aside I really do think you should dispose of the dynamic turns. If the turns happen simultaneously then it is fair for everyone and no one feels cheated. It also promotes player involvement as at the moment time zones (glorious things aren't they?) mean that the beginning of the turns will arrive while some of us are sleeping, therefore putting the people in that timezone at a severe disadvantage right from the off.

Other than that, I liked a lot of Khan's ideas, horses etc. Oh and perhaps an outside threat which will cause the players to band together to defeat it.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 06:47:50 AM »
So like an NPC. Cool
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »
Yeah an NPC Mongol-horde esque type thing. The Huns from Barbarian Invasion, the Mongols and Timurids from Med2 etc. I think a GM would be required to keep track of it.

If you will allow me Dimos, I think a major downside of the previous game was a serious adversarial feel. The fact was, there was a lot of ill-feeling going on, the residue of which I believe may still be lingering. An NPC threat that the players should band together to defeat will make it far more like a traditional RPG with a band of heroes overcoming the odds to save their respective lands.

But I get the feeling that this is going to be yet another point of contention...
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 02:22:49 PM »
Guys! Let's organize ourselves!

Listen. The HILL RPG will include horses, +1 coins/wheat* when farming, +1 coins/seafood when fishing in deep waters, possibly it might include gold mines in which you will gain gold.

The house will allow players to have +1 production in farms.
The manor will permit the training of a horse (which moves you 2 rectangles instead of one per turn)
The castle will let you have 3 citizens per rectangle, each of them owning a house or manor.

Objects of no battlefield use will be also introduced: scepters, crowns, jewelry, possibly other things...

*There is a possibility that instead of coins the players will gain products. Farm will give you wheat, Fishing will grant you fish, Hunting will give you deer meat. Mining will give you gold. Turning gold into coins will be allowed when you have docks or a manor or another building. To trade you won't just ''throw axes'' from a rectangle to another, you will have to be in a region physicaly. That will cause players of neighbouring regions to work together to survive. If this system will be implemented, then innactivity can be fatal. If a players will not eat for 3-4-5 turns in a row, he will loose many Hp. Thus a long term innactivity might lead to death by lack of food.