Author Topic: In the News  (Read 193513 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: In the News
« Reply #570 on: July 08, 2016, 10:29:58 AM »
Yeah, very grim. Looks like it was a peaceful protest got infiltrated by a fairly well organised bunch of gunmen :(
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #571 on: July 08, 2016, 01:11:30 PM »
That's the black lives matter group. Rioting, looting, vandalism, and now murder. :(

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #572 on: July 08, 2016, 06:34:02 PM »
Yeah, no, pretty sure that is literally completely not what happened here according to any verifiable sources whatsoever.

A bunch of cop-killers, even if doing so because of the same problems that motivate a protest group, don't represent that protest group. That's not how anything works. BLM has publicly condemned the killings and all forms of violence in protest, and the killers have stated that they had no group affiliations.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #573 on: July 08, 2016, 07:50:00 PM »
Yuh huh. Not buying it.

BLM has been violent before. Media is just trying to protect them.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #574 on: July 09, 2016, 12:20:35 AM »
I've not really followed much of this armadillo but I've heard there are plenty of crazies in the BLM movement. I'm guessing most of the protesters are sound people, and that most of the people associated with BLM are as well, but it's going to a movement that will draw alpacas along too since its so broad.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #575 on: July 09, 2016, 12:36:20 AM »
Yeah, every movement has a crazy fringe, especially any anti-establishment movement. But the idea of a BLM/media stitchup is tinfoil hat territory. The media are possibly the only thing they get more cross about institutionally than the police.

comrade_general

« Reply #576 on: July 09, 2016, 12:48:53 AM »
BLM spawned because of the Obama organization's agenda to divide the races and "get back at whitey". It and the media don't work together, so no tinfoil hats, but the media definitely takes advantage of what they do. They can sensationalize a few facts out of all the facts and make it look like blacks are being killed by police all the time in order to stir up disorder when in reality it's more like this:

Obama, well his wife more than likely, want to get revenge on the white man and the media does whatever it can to make a big deal out of nothing in order to get ratings, and then dumb folk get caught up in the mess and start believing all sorts of armadillo and start hating the other race and the police and then start killing each other while the real culprits at the very top just sit back and watch.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #577 on: July 09, 2016, 09:18:57 AM »
Specifically unarmed people killed by the state are very disproportionately black, though. Even given higher crime and deprivation rates in black communities, the relationship between those people and the police has not been good for a very long time, and heavy handed "externalised" policing styles can't help.

And most of the BLM demands are very reasonable and have worked well where enacted. If you're sending cops out with live rounds and the ability to kill, you should also be sending them out with body cameras, proper training, and clear guidelines on when they are criminally responsible, all of which have historically rarely happened. Whatever you may think of the stats on race, BLM has done a lot to push states and cops to actually get their asses in gear and no longer assume they are above the law when it comes to killing people. The FBI didn't even keep comprehensive stats on police killings until all this happened; now there's finally going to be a proper national database from 2017, largely thanks to the pressure from protests like this.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #578 on: July 09, 2016, 11:27:45 AM »
BLM spawned because of the Obama organization's agenda to divide the races and "get back at whitey". It and the media don't work together, so no tinfoil hats, but the media definitely takes advantage of what they do.

Obama, well his wife more than likely, want to get revenge on the white man

What are you basing this on? Because it sounds pretty tinfoil from an outside perspective.

comrade_general

« Reply #579 on: July 09, 2016, 02:43:54 PM »
Logic, intuition, and reading between the lines. Outside perspective - exactly. What you see from across the sea is information after it goes through the political/media filters. Sadly most people living here only see it that way as well. Politics and the modern media are things that were invented in our minds; illusions, but unfortunately they have the power to shine many times more brightly than the real, tangible world underneath and people therefore think that's how things really are. If you're actually here seeing and thinking and talking to real people everything looks much different. Because it's real!

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #580 on: July 09, 2016, 06:30:33 PM »
Yeah if I judged the world through what I see on the news I would think that at least 50% of the world's population were murdering, child molesting Islamist terrorists.
But how and why would Obama convince such a significant chunk of the black population that they were being discriminated against by the justice system? And why do you think his wife in particular wants revenge on white men?

comrade_general

« Reply #581 on: July 09, 2016, 07:25:33 PM »
Cuz that's gangsta. Michelle is descended from slaves whereas Barack is not. He's more deeply rooted in the Muslim community.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #582 on: July 09, 2016, 07:46:32 PM »
That is a joke yes?

comrade_general

« Reply #583 on: July 09, 2016, 08:51:38 PM »
It's easier to joke than be serious and I'm tired. :)

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #584 on: July 26, 2016, 02:45:19 PM »
My thoughts are with those who were affected by and the family/friends of those involved in the hostage situation in a church in France which resulted in the horrific death of an 84 year old priest. I can't remember the name of the church, but I'm honestly so shocked and saddened. :(