Author Topic: Spoil a wish  (Read 99846 times)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Spoil a wish
« Reply #1140 on: January 16, 2020, 09:26:50 AM »
I think a word was missing in the wish - so I'll enter it for you. Everyone has enough good poison to eat.

I wish that I could speak Spanish fluently.
Select AppleDanish From Pantry Where Count(MyDeliciousThings) < 1

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1141 on: January 16, 2020, 04:24:04 PM »
You can speak Spanish fluently. Unfortunately, you are marooned in the middle of Mongolia; there very few people, and none of them speak Spanish.

I wish I didn't have to travel all the way to London to see the Tutankhamun exhibition.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1142 on: January 16, 2020, 04:27:07 PM »
You have to merely travel a quarter of that distance: unfortunately, it turns out that means the exhibition a warehouse down an off-road track somewhere in the fens, whereupon it takes even longer to get to.

I wish Patrick Weekes would write another Rogues of the Republic book.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1143 on: January 20, 2020, 10:23:37 AM »
He writes a new book, but in a fit of artistic pomp, uses a marker pen on sheaves of tree bark. He forbids duplicates, so there is only one copy. Since the book is made of quite delicate materials you have to join a years long waiting list to read it. Then when it is your turn you must at great expense travel to California and spend a few weeks to read it with a stern, white gloved custodian supervising you & turning the pages.

I wish I could lift 100 kg with one hand effortlessly.
Select AppleDanish From Pantry Where Count(MyDeliciousThings) < 1

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1144 on: January 20, 2020, 11:23:38 AM »
You can lift precisely 100kg, as measured to fifteen decimal places, effortlessly. Any more or less and you need the usual amount of effort. You require a large team of scientists working to obtain anything of the perfect weight and conditions for this to be remotely useable.

I wish I didn't have a bloaty feeling in my stomach :(
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...