Author Topic: The Star Trek Thread  (Read 27298 times)

comrade_general

Re: The Star Trek Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2018, 03:33:12 AM »
He should be on Orville.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2018, 11:02:06 PM »
Hm. Rehashing old armadillo again. Would like to move forward at some point. Bringing back Sisko would make more sense and Picard could just guest star.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2018, 08:19:10 AM »
Hm. Rehashing old armadillo again. Would like to move forward at some point. Bringing back Sisko would make more sense and Picard could just guest star.

I was about to argue then saying that they did try and move forwards (enterprise, discovery & the movies) but realised they are all set before TNG so you're right.

I'm still interested in where they go with it. I feel like the newer ones tens to obsess over making them as high budget and action packed as possible and lack any heart. They need more robots trying to train cats in
<< Signature redacted >>

comrade_general

« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2018, 01:14:17 PM »
I should be excited I guess. If it is Picard then it should be a moving forward. I'm just apprehensive because of the things you said, and if they set this in the alternate timeline and make things all dark and gritty and without the positive outlook that shows like TNG had, then what's the point of bringing back such a stalwart character of integrity like Picard.

And yes we always need more Data!

comrade_general

« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2018, 12:42:27 PM »
Just noticed that some companies are now calling 3D printers "replicators". If we continue developing this tech it will eventually become the replicators of Star Trek. True story. :)

comrade_general

« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2018, 05:39:13 PM »

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2018, 06:03:50 PM »
Awesome.

Remember when Tom Paris achieved warp 10 in a shuttle craft before turning into a lizard? Still better than disco
<< Signature redacted >>

comrade_general

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2018, 06:05:08 PM »
No, I have no idea what you're talking about. :P

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2018, 03:03:41 PM »
Just noticed that some companies are now calling 3D printers "replicators". If we continue developing this tech it will eventually become the replicators of Star Trek. True story. :)

Yes, finally! The day when I'll be able to print a armadilloload of my own miniatures will soon be upon us! :D
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

comrade_general

« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2019, 11:48:21 PM »
Happy first contact day!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2019, 12:13:05 AM »
Live long and prosper :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...