Author Topic: The Sub-Factions Project  (Read 18596 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Sub-Factions Project
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 10:41:36 PM »
Well thats one thing that has also confused me. Should I make the EDU and then edit each units stats after I implement them? Or should I make their stats as soon as they are made and ready to be implemented? Another question is this: should I just get a barebones EDU and start from their?
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

comrade_general

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2012, 11:25:32 PM »
It's really all up to you, but I usually make the edu as I go and then sometimes go back and change some of the stats.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 11:59:18 PM »
So starting with a bare EDU is probably best?
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

comrade_general

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 12:49:23 AM »
I'm not saying it's the best way, but it's what I do.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 01:05:01 AM »
Okay it seems logical to do it that way

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 02:46:01 AM »
Just wanted to give in my two cents about something that was mentioned before: maybe mercs and AoR units could be the same (that the merc units would be actually the rebel units, but available for recruitment through AoR or as mercenaries). The idea for differentiating their roles would be that AoR units would be rather inexperienced (as they are levied, and most of the time unwillingly by the faction that conquered their lands), whereas the merc units would have a pair of experience chevrons, to indicate that they fight willingly, and have been doing so for a while (as it is their profession)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 04:15:38 AM »
How would I be able to simulate that?

debux

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »
Just by giving the AoR units regular stats (nothing too powerful), yet giving the mercs a few experience chevrons... was that your question?
(\__/)

comrade_general

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 05:49:35 PM »
That's essentially what I said. :P

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2012, 10:39:42 PM »
But regular units can also be mercenaries?

debux

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2012, 04:47:35 AM »
That's essentially what I said. :P

Sorry, might have scrolled a bit to quick there :P I thought it was said, but I've been rather brain dead lately.

Yeah, IIRC, you just have to make them recruitable as mercenaries (in the txt file that makes them recruitable for the campaign map, although I don't know it's name)
(\__/)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2012, 06:28:38 PM »
I see. By the way, debux check your messages at TWC it's important :)

Cincinnatus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2012, 08:55:04 PM »
There must be a way to distinguish Gallic Venetii from Italiae Veneti?  I know the Gallic Venetii gave the Romans a hard time, so they were a fairly major Gallic tribe, they also inspired Romans to change ship designs. 

The Garamantes, probably would be light and fast with high attack and low armor, but good large shields.  Average defense skill with little or no armor as well.

Numidians even lighter and faster, no armor, small shields, whether on foot or horseback.  High missile attack but low melee attack and defense comparatively.

All Magna Grecia factions would have very high armor good shields and at least good spear units with great attack and defense but would be a bit slower.  However, unless they are militia units, they would have fairly high staminas.

Celtic/Gallic Factions would be in general light, fast, with High attack, good defense skill but little or no armor.  They would perhaps have impetuous and or a war cry effect to boost attack.

Etruscans for the most part copied alot from their Greek traders, though did have some of their own cultural spin and a few fairly unique unit types to them.  So mostly the same type of hoplites with chariots and axmen.  They would also have access to some Roman and or Latin type units such as light swordsmen.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »
Sounds very good to me! I hope to get this started again with Iberia and then Gaul :)

I would like to have both Veneti. Maybe there is a different name for of them?

Cincinnatus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2012, 09:32:01 PM »
Paleoveneti is another name for the Italian Veneti, maybe you could use that?  Homer is believed to have called them Eneti, a Illyrian tribe that migrated into Italy.  So either name may work better.

Libyans would have a wide range of troops and types.  Mods have had them with 4 horse chariots. They were known to have invaded Egypt as part of the sea peoples invasions long ago.  In origin, the Libyans are believed to have been a colonizing Greek Tribe called the Libu who probably intermixed with local tribes like the Temehu.  When they worked for Carthage they could have had anything from heavy infantry and light skirmishers to heavy and light cavalry.  In ancient times they were known to use swords (some of which may have been copied off the minoans or Philistines), spears, the Meshwesh sure had some distinguished spears (another native tribe of Libya), and chariots, that could have been carried over from Greece if that story of their origin is true and it is probable it could well be, or Egyptians.   

Iberia had many tribes:

Cantabrian - nw spain
Lustonian - sw iberia, basically much of modern portugal, or northern modern day portugal depending on which map or history you read.
Celt-Iberian - approximately Central Spain
Oretani - sw spain on the border with the new carthage settlement area not the city
Lacetani - ne spain, in and around modern day barcelona
Aquetani  ( or Iacetani) - north central spain along the pyrenese , and north and south of it
Carpetani - south central spain, south of the celt iberians
Calleci (or Gallici) - nw spain in the corner
Celtici - sw iberia (south of Lustonians)
Vettones - sw central spain, east of Lusitonians and west of carpetani
Turdetani - central south spain
Edetani - north of new carthage, western iberia
Bastetani - se spain, right outside the area around new carthage
Ilegetae - between Lacetani and Iacetani in north east spain
Baleares - Baleric Islands
Astures - between cantabri and Calleci nw spain
Vaccaei - south of astures

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:46:09 PM by Cincinnatus »