Author Topic: AOR System  (Read 10443 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
AOR System
« on: July 09, 2012, 11:23:29 PM »
Okay for the first version of the mod I have decided to include an AOR system for the Mundus Magnus 4.0 Map, thanks to Agamemnon at TWC for helping me with it, as he will get most of the credit. Here is the AOR regions (Very Lengthy):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, what I need help with is the selection of units that we will plug into this system. I am trying not to make any units so I am pulling them from every source possible that has a vanilla feel. I will start off with units from RTW, BI, and ALX. It's your job to let me know which units should be in or out, as there are some that are questionable. Also we must decide which regions that they will be recruited in, hence why I posted the regions above. Hopefully by the end we will have an organized list of AOR units. (I have edited some unis names and placed their original names next to them).

RTW Units

BI

Alexander

THS

Persian Invasion

Rise of Empire

310 B.C.

Macedon Expansion

XGM

XC

DTW

That is it for now, if anybody sees a unit out of place, that should not be included, let me know. I will now move on to the different vanilla mods and their units.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:28:36 AM by ahowl11 »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: AOR System
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:25:20 PM »
Reserved for assigning units to their respective regions  8) Green Will mean unit is going to be implemented and is ready Blue will mean that the unit will be implemented but needs editing Red will mean the unit will not be implemented

Italy
Italian Cavalry (Equites)
Samnite Spearmen (Samnite Mercenaries)
Italian Skirmishers
Etruscan Infantry (Etruscan Scutarii)
Marsi Infantry (Etruscan Hoplites)
Etruscan Hoplites (Etruscan Elite Hoplites)
Campanian Cavalry (Hoplite Cavalry)
Umbrian Spearmen
Lucanian Infantry
Samnite Skirmishers (Samnite Heavy Peltasts)
Italiote Hoplites (Neapolian Hoplites)
Latin Infantry (Roman allied forces)
Greek Skirmishers
Greek Slingers
Greek Archers
Peltasts
Hoplites
City State Hoplites
Tarentine Cavalry
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 04:28:13 PM by ahowl11 »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

comrade_general

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 01:14:28 AM »
I'll give this a closer look-see when I have ze time.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 02:08:28 AM »
Haha alright sounds good

Agamemnon

• Mr. American
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »
This all the units? Seems like quite a lot to me, are you sure we can fit all these?

But, apologies, I have not yet started on my work, as my cousins are here from Colorado and I've been spending time with them. Next week at the very latest you will have your files.
And now may the Lord bless you, and may the Lord keep you, and may the Lord make His face to shine upon you, and may the Lord be gracious unto you and give you His peace. May the Lord give you the desires of your heart, today; may you, with the anointing of God, be able to accomplish the divine destiny He has for you and for every member of your family; may the adversary now be rebuked and bound in the authority of Jesus’ name and the power of the blood that he cannot touch you nor harm you, because it is the Lord who gives you the strength and the power to do His work by His will.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 10:01:37 PM »
Okay no problem.

No we will not be implementing every unit. All those units are candidates to be implemented. Once I go through each mod and source of units we will sort through all of them and assign the ones we want to the correct AOR region :)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 09:37:58 PM »
Okay! Every mod has been accounted for and we can now start assigning units to their respective regions as well as sort out which units need to be recolored and receive new UI's. We will start with Italy, so I will go through each list and get all the Italian units together, and go through the process of elimination :)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 02:18:42 AM »
Italy
Italian Cavalry (Equites)
Samnite Spearmen (Samnite Mercenaries)
Italic Skirmishers
Etruscan Infantry (Etruscan Scutarii)
Marsi Infantry (Etruscan Hoplites)
Etruscan Hoplites (Etruscan Elite Hoplites)
Campanian Cavalry (Hoplite Cavalry)
Umbrian Spearmen
Lucanian Infantry
Samnite Skirmishers (Samnite Heavy Peltasts)
Italiote Hoplites (Neapolian Hoplites)
Latin Infantry (Roman allied forces)
Greek Skirmishers
Greek Slingers
Greek Archers
Peltasts
Hoplites
City State Hoplites
Tarentine Cavalry

Alright, Italian Cavalry is already taken care of, as they are the Rebel version of Equites in RTW.
Italian Cavalry will be recruited in: Rome, Cannae, Ariminum, and Arretium and it will be available to all factions

Samnite Spearmen have a rebel skin in XGM as well as a UI but the UI is brown instead of grey like the rebel UI should be, so they will need the UI recolored. They will be available at Cannae, available to all factions.

Italic Skirmishers will be renamed to "Italian Skirmishers", they are from THS and made by Lanjane. They currently need their texture and UI's to be recolored to rebel colors, as right now they have Brutii colors. They will be recruited at Rome, Capua, Cannae, Ariminum, and Arretium, available to all factions.

Etruscan Hoplites are from 310 BC and need there texture to be recolored, and a new UI made by a modeller. They will be recruited in Arretium and will be available to all factions.

Campanian Cavalry are from 310 BC, are made but will need UI's made by a modeller. They will be recruited in Capua and will be available to all factions.

Umbrian Spearmen are from 310 BC, need their texture to be recolored and UI's made by a modeller. They will be recruited in Ariminum and will be available to all factions.

Latin Infantry are from Macedon Expansion, need everything to be recolored. They will be recruited in Rome and will be available to all factions.

The other units are not needed.

All of the Greek troops have the proper textures and UI's, they are all from vanilla except the City State Hoplites who are from Rise of Empire. All of them will be recruited at Tarentum and Croton, except Tarentine Cavalry who will only be recruited at Tarentum. They will be available to all factions.

Rome - Latin Infantry; Italian Cavalry; Italian Skirmishers
Capua - Italian Skirmishers; Campanian Cavalry
Arretium - Italian Skirmishers; Italian Cavalry; Etruscan Hoplites
Ariminum - Italian Skirmishers; Italian Cavalry; Umbrian Spearmen
Cannae - Samnite Spearmen; Italian Skirmishers; Italian Cavalry
Tarentum - Greek Skirmishers; Greek Slingers; Greek Archers; Peltasts; Hoplites; City State Hoplites; Tarentine Cavalry
Croton -  Greek Skirmishers; Greek Slingers; Greek Archers; Peltasts; Hoplites; City State Hoplites

I feel as if I gave too many Greek units for Tarentum and Croton. Should I remove the Slingers, Skirmishers, Archers, and Hoplites? That leaves me with Peltasts, City State Hoplites, and Tarentine Cavalry.

Here are the files that need recoloring for Italy
http://www.ziddu.com/download/19913575/Italy.rar.html

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:16:08 AM by ahowl11 »

comrade_general

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 02:23:47 PM »
I've emailed you the recolored skins.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »
Beautiful work my man! That is truly awesome :) now hopefully I can find a modeller to make the couple UI's. I will get Sicily, Sardinia/Corsica, and maybe even North Africa done today

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 02:53:29 AM »
What are the differences between city-state hoplites and the normal ones? I'd say only one is necessary.

Oh, and you might want to post several regions at once, and put each one with a spoiler. And so much info isn't necesary I'd say, just the unit list and the settlements (saying what units go in each settlements of that region)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 03:06:29 AM »
City State Hoplites are very similar to Armoured hoplites, but they have that piece of cloth hanging from the shield.

I know I'm a huge analyzer :)

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 07:19:39 PM »
...piece of cloth?

Anyway, I think that they'd be alright with just hoplites... although if you plan to add something like government buildings (like in EB) it might be a good idea.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 09:16:41 PM »

Something similar to that. Well, when you think about the Rebel Garrisons or revolts with the different Greek Cities, Hoplites would be the core of the army, while City State Hoplites would be like that elite core of veterans. Only one or two units of these per city but they would substantially beef up any Rebel Greek Army
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:18:18 PM by ahowl11 »

comrade_general

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 02:30:45 AM »
He looks pretty bad-ass. Maybe you can call them 'Veteran Hoplites' or something similar?