Author Topic: Hegemony Rise of hellas  (Read 7816 times)

pharoah

• Hegemony rise of hellas mod leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hegemony Rise of hellas
« on: July 12, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »
Hey guy's my name is pharoah i had an account at twc and i currently have an account at the total war .org and this is my modding proposal

Hegemony rise of hellas is a mod focussing on ancient greek warfare in the peloponese paeninsula have you ever wished that you could that you could lead spartas glorious forces against the athenians? or take controle of greece via froming your own hegemony? this would be the mod that offers that

More to be added soon

Faction list

Sparta(known for its infantry but has weak archers)
Cornith(allround good troop selection including famous archers)
Athens(famous navy in all of hellas and good troop sellection)
Argos(basic hoplite phalanx army, very religious)
Thessaly(great calvary, and hoplite troops)
thebes(home to the sacred baned)
Thespiae(famous for there contribution of 700 at thermopolye)
faction sugesstions would be welcome

Map!
 Avialable jobs!

Coders
Modelers/skinner
that's all for now

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:16:09 AM by pharoah »

pharoah

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hegemony Rise of hellas
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 10:56:16 PM »
feel free to comment

comrade_general

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »
I like that little map you have there. This project reminds me of the Hegemony campaign from PI - in fact I will let you use the Greek factions from PI to make this if you want because they would work really well on that map. The city-states in PI include Sparta, Athens, Corinth, Thespiae, Thebes, Eleia, and Arcadia. Let me know if you want to use anything from PI and I'll let you know who all to credit.

pharoah

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 04:50:43 AM »
thanks comrade  :) i've learn't many new modding skilles since i got banned from twc and i wont dissapoint also new faction added to the list ^^ and i may just expanned the map after the first release
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:02:04 AM by pharoah »

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 09:19:53 PM »
Huh! Never saw this :P Not performing very well in my role as Logothes... you might want to specify the dates you want you mod to span through... it might help to know what factions you want to include. You might also want to take inspiration from this mod. Might help you a bit.

I hope you've learnt a few skills though... I've read (and it seems to be true) that a mod leader should expect to do all the jobs of making a mod, being that skinning, modelling, mapping, etc (at least the basic knowledge needed). There's a thread actually that talks about leading your own mod (at TWC though)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

comrade_general

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 11:30:10 PM »
It only got posted yesterday deebz. ;) But I agree with you on all points.

pharoah

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 03:52:41 AM »
it's great to see you guy's again right now i'm working on faction symbols and other stuff i'll be posting a small preview of symbols later

ps some factions in the first release wont be inclueded in the campaign like macedon and such and such. i also cant creat models and i dont want to use stuff from another mod so i'll be asking for help soon :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:54:18 AM by pharoah »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 02:35:10 PM »
My advice would be not to rely on modellers; clever and well-worked skins can be very effective, and frankly the likelihood of a modeller popping up to work on this is low. Good luck with it all though, looks interesting!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

pharoah

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 06:19:43 PM »
thanks for the input

pharoah

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 03:16:37 AM »
OP updated for jobs available

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »
I'm not a modder but just my suggestions on this would be to drop Thespeia as a faction - it may be famous for contributing men at Thermopylae but it was never a contender for power even with in Greece. Replace it with Sicily and add Sicily to the map as the Athenian expedition to Sicily was a major part of the Peloponnesian war. The map could also do with including Byzantium and other Greek towns around the Bosphorus as these were strategically important as whoever controlled them controlled grain imports from the Bosphorus which were vital to Athens.

It'll be difficult to have it without any Persian Empire as well, since the Persian financial support for the Spartans won them the war, but equally i can understand why you'd not want Persia in it. Perhaps give Sparta an income bonus to represent Persian gold?

Also maybe add in a couple of Thracian factions? The Thracians were quite powerful and important as allies and mercenaries.

comrade_general

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 09:40:24 PM »
Sadly this was all we ever saw of this mod, and pharaoh hasn't been around for almost a year.