Game Design and Project Resources: The Workshops Quarter > Computer Game Development - The Indie Alley

A Text Based Zombie Game?

(1/3) > >>

Othko97:
Would anyone be interested in this? I have already started development, but I was wondering if anyone actually likes the idea.  :P

It is written in Python, so it would be necessary to have it installed. I am also planning to add in RPG influences by making it more open, with random encounters, stats etc. I got the idea from wanting to make a zombie game, a hatred of GUIs (at least in python), and inspiration in the form of AoS (Adventures of Soros). I'm still in early days, but anyone interested?   ;D

Son of the King:
Yes!

Also, you can use cx_freeze to compile an exe so that Python isn't needed if you feel like it.

Jubal:
Yes, definitely; feel free to nick any bits of AoS that would be helpful. As a pointer, unless you're planning to keep it console based for ever design it with more functions rather than using while loops with lots of different inputs, because otherwise you'll need to restructure it all when making a GUI.

Cuddly Khan:
+ Karma for you coming up with that. ;) I really like the idea Othko.

Phoenixguard09:
Absolutely interested. Good luck mate. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version