Author Topic: Good, objective and rather optimist online newsletters?  (Read 2719 times)

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Good, objective and rather optimist online newsletters?
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:07:03 PM »
As the title reads, does any of you know any that fulfills the requirements that I mentioned in the title? I'm largely ignorant of international after disregarding and abandoning all the national media (which is disgraceful, to be honest... all they cover is national showbiz (and sometimes international, but like days late :P ) and murders, and they all are all very one-sided when it comes to politics.... I hate to know so little of what's going on, so the question is, do you guys have any suggestions of any newpapers you read that have an online version that you can recommend?

A cookie for anyone that gives me a suggestion :D
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Good, objective and rather optimist online newsletters?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:17:05 PM »
I use the BBC Online usually. They have a fairly British outlook, admittedly, but they don't really have any editorial political bias. (Some will argue that the BBC is biased to the left, I'm on the left and I disagree  :P ). And the Dalai Lama uses the BBC, what's not to like?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 10:06:45 PM »
Whats not to like about the Lama? Well maybe the fact that he is the head of a religion that is irritatingly thought of to be all fluffy bunny lovely in its history and preaches that suffering leads to rewards in the next life, but the guy isn't prepared to suffer in Tibet?
Not that I actually dislike him, because I don't know much about him, his religion or the whole tibet armadillo.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 10:46:57 PM »
To be fair, if he had stayed in Tibet he would just have been executed, and as leader of the Tibetans he probably feels a moral duty to be alive to actually lead them etc. And what Buddhism technically teaches is that renouncing worldly pleasures leads to rewards as opposed to suffering; you're not obliged to be in pain, just lead a simple life (unlike southern Italy's forms of Catholicism where you literally whip yourself and walk on broken glass to get closer to God).

I do quite like the Lama, as world leaders go he's a pretty decent chap.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:21 PM »
Plot twist.

He's actually the Dalai Guanaco!
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

comrade_general

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 12:05:09 AM »

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 05:21:52 AM »
So, if the Global Leader of Llamas reads BBC Online, I'll just become his followers and become a llama myself :P

Thanks for the suggestion(s)!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D