Concept Art

Started by Jubal, December 28, 2012, 12:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jubal

Bits of concept art for the universe, created and collected from all corners of the star cluster...

A whimsical S'ruba Homeworlder patrol by the talented Tom Cornelius (http://corny2x.deviantart.com/)
Spoiler
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

The third guy in the row is hilarious! Love the look on his face. :D
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

Yeah, the guy had a free requests thread so I thought what the heck.  ;D
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

I'm hoping to have some more interesting notes to share here sometime soon, but for now here's a very bad piece of my own sketch work with a couple of Gruth. I don't think I have their design quite right - the snout maybe needs to be a bit more downward-turned to give them a slightly less aardvarky look - but I think the chunky four-plan leg system coupled with quite tentacley arms will stay. The legs should probably be a bit longer though, I do think of them as being able to gallop a bit which these ones are too heavy-footed for.

EDIT: interesting notes here sooner than expected :) I've been working a bit with a really lovely artist called Adriana Pasierb who's helping with some Cepheida concepts when she gets time, and I can share the first bit of work - she did a really neat planet design which I'm making use of for a banner image, I think we're going with #5 in this set but I thought I'd show all the iterations I've just been going through between image and banner:

Spoiler