Author Topic: Faction: The Tangalak  (Read 6631 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Faction: The Tangalak
« on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:17 PM »
THE TANGALAK

"A machine, you call it. Be that as it may, it is more than that as you know. You cannot build anything without putting something of yourself into it; it is not only your spaceship, captain. It is you."

This thread will be for questions and discussion of the Tangalak - a bizarre race of intelligent, sensitive, clever beings notable for their cyborg-like "bodies" they build for themselves. Please ask any further questions here - making me think of answers will help build up the background!

Faction details & background:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ingame:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Faction FAQs:
~None Yet~
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Faction: The Tangalak
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 12:34:59 AM »
Just a question about the actual creatures, though I suspect I'm being over-pedantic. If they evolved in caves below the surface, will you be giving those caves some form of light source? Otherwise they'd probably be sightless, which makes building a robotic body a bit of a challenge

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 01:28:39 AM »
Not necessarily - my basic thought was that they would indeed be mostly sightless but have echolocation, a radio-band sense, and pretty good electromagnetic senses. That should allow them to get the shape and character of the world around them fairly well without light.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
Not necessarily - my basic thought was that they would indeed be mostly sightless but have echolocation, a radio-band sense, and pretty good electromagnetic senses. That should allow them to get the shape and character of the world around them fairly well without light.

Ah yes, that seems to make sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 11:42:28 AM »
I should do some sketches at some point, except I can't actually draw for turnips.  :P

Scarlet

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 02:53:33 PM »
Potatoes? Carrots? Cabbages? Cauliflowers?
like a bruise that would never go away, but she would cherish it for ever.

gellthîr i melethron nîn

nínim in menil