Author Topic: Mundus Magnus 5.5  (Read 15159 times)

ahowl11

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mundus Magnus 5.5
« on: January 21, 2013, 12:42:19 AM »
I have decided to continue making Mundus Magnus Versions, focusing on modding factions and units, as well as other things to compliment this great map made by ngr. I am aiming for historical accuracy, while still keeping the vanilla feel.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Trouble Shooting:
-If your game crashes when you try to start a campaign, go to your MM/data/world/maps/base folder and delete the 'map.rwm' file. The campaign should work then.
-For some reason when scrolling over the new resource icons, the old resource names appear in the tooltip. If someone knows how to change that let me know.
-About two unit cards are missing (should be fixed soon)
-Some models don't do well with the new animations (will be fixed soon)
-Other little fixes dealing with history

I should be coming out with a patch soon, so please play and see if you notice anything wrong.

If there are any other known issues, please comment.

A note to the public:
I actually have decided to take this mod as far as it can go!

Credits:
ngr for his Mundus Magnus Map
Alejandro Magno for his geographical modding for version 4.0
player1 for his Bug Fixer v3.36 for RTW/BI 1.5/1.6
comrade_general for his recoloring skills and his mod 'The Hellenic States' that I pulled some UI's and textures from
RedFox for the new Wooden Walls from 'Diadochi: Total War'
DimeBagHo for some of his textures and UI's from his 'Extended Greek Mod'
The 'Macedon Expansion' team for some textures and UI's
Resef for his Combined Animations Pack
Rarity for some modelling fixes on some units
The Rise of Empire mod for some textures and UI's
Maraxus for some UI's

If I leave anyone out who offered their services or works please let me know and I will add you!
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

comrade_general

Re: Mundus Magnus 5.5
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:55:10 AM »
Nice! :)

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:11:56 AM »
Thanks! I posted all the UI's up at TWC :)
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 06:17:12 PM »
Is anyone experiencing a CTD when you hit the end turn button for the first time?

comrade_general

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »
Version 5.0 worked fine.

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 01:53:54 AM »
I know it did, but it was also VERY vanilla. The only thing added to it was the Bug Fixer. I'm guessing the CTD has something to do with names (I changed Egypts names to Greek (ALWAYS gives me fits) but it has always crashed when I try to play a campaign, not during a campaign. However I used the name validator and everything turned out fine. No name problems.

A possibilty is that Egypt, Thrace, or the Britons get a new family member and the bodyguard unit does not match up with the one used in the mod. Those three factions have new sets of bodyguards.
For instance Egypt now has a greek cavalry general, and the game is generating an egyptian chariot general, which might cause a CTD. But an errorless CTD? I'm not sure. If that was the case, I wouldn't know how to fix it.

Another possibility could be that there is something wrong with the EDB. However, I used the Zeus tool and fixed all errors with the EDB. I have added DTW's walls and barbarian buildings from BI. In the building browser, nothing fishy happens, and there are cities who already have DTW's walls from the beginning.

What do you guys think? Has anybody tested for themselves or fished around?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:41:11 AM »
I can't poke around with it until this essay's done, but I might be able to tomorrow sometime.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 05:09:43 PM »
Please do, it would be a great help!

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 01:22:31 AM »
Has anyone be able to test and figure out what might be causing the CTD? I still can't find it.. I might have to redo 5.5 more carefully, but if someone or if I could find the solution, it would take a lot of time off my hands.

comrade_general

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 01:35:21 AM »
Not sure when I'll find time to take a look, but I'll try to.  :-\

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 02:22:46 AM »
It's okay, I am slowly putting everything together, and testing like crazy.

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 04:07:32 AM »
I solved it! The names.txt was causing the CTD, the game works now and is really fun to play. Although there are many things to add before it is completely finished :)
http://depositfiles.com/files/002zhmdo5

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 02:21:04 AM »
These bots aren't even trying. How am I supposed to make a stupid joke in a report if they don't even use words?

EDIT: Duuude...deleted it while I was bashing Nike's use of chinese child labour to make shoes and now russian/polish/turkish child labour to advertise it. Managed to make a crappy joke after all and was all pleased with myself only to be met by being told the board didn't exist or something.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.