Author Topic: Troop Rosters  (Read 41233 times)

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Troop Rosters
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »
Grammar of the Historians is off (Sorry to nitpick).

Should be "Having spent most of their time pre-war reading of ancient conflicts (sounds better than repeating war?), they're in their element! Not wanting to sacrifice style for something as unimportant as practicality, they remain in their tweed jackets and corduroy trousers.

Corrected

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2013, 05:42:50 PM »
I was thinking geographers would be camelry  :P

Sounds good to me

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 09:01:01 PM »
Here are some more, again feel free to criticise.

Code: [Select]
{eng_ball} Engineer Ballista

{eng_ball_descr}
Not content with simple artillery, the engineers went back to the drawing board, and built ballistae! They are more powerful than scorpions, able to skewer multiple armoured soldiers, but have a similar rate of fire. However, they require a minimum of 3 operators per ballistae. They are used both as siege weapons and field artillery.

{eng_ball_descr_short}
A more powerful piece of bolt artillery, able to pierce multiple foes.

{eng_cat} Engineer Catapults

{eng_cat_descr}
These engineers have decided to move onto a different style of artillery, and built catapults. These are capable of hurling missiles at a much greater range than the ballista-style weaponry. However, they are far less accurate. They are mainly used as siege weaponry but can be deployed on the field to destroy other artillery or bombard tightly clustered enemies. They can be loaded either with rocks or fire-pots for a further panic inducing effect, though at the cost of extra range.

{eng_cat_descr_short}
A basic catapult unit that can be used either during sieges or in the field.

{eng_scorp_bat} Engineer Scorpion Battery

{eng_scorp_bat_descr}
The engineers have refined their production process for building scorpions and are able to produce them three times as quickly! As a result, this unit now brings three of these machines to battle.

{eng_scorp_bat_descr_short}
A unit with an increased number of scorpions.

{class} Classicists

{class_descr}
Classicists used to spend their time reading about the ancient world. So, naturally they’ve modelled themselves after the most effective fighting force in the ancient world, the Roman legion. Fighting with a short sword and large shield at close range, it is in a group when they’re at their most effective. They also carry three pila which they can throw either before charging or before being charged to soften up resistance.

{class_descr_short}
Classicists have formed Roman legions, an elite fighting force with proven effectiveness.

{Med} Medievalists

{Med_descr}
Medievalists have also taken on the elite fighting style of the age they study. Namely, plate armoured knights on horseback! Though these horsemen move slowly across the battlefield they can have an increadible impact when they smash into enemy lines!

{Med_descr_short}
An elite heavy cavalry which can sweep infantry aside with ease!

{ASNAC} ASNACs

{ASNAC_descr}
ASNACs study Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic. They have also taken on the role of elite forces from their time period, berserk Norse axemen. Wielding two-handed axes they charge from the sidgewick site, swigging mead, swinging axes and bellowing oaths to Odin, the Norse god of war!

{ASNAC_short}
An extremely destructive unit of berserk axemen.

ASNACs seem a little short, but I'm not sure what else to put in.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:30:44 AM by TTG4 »

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2013, 09:29:29 PM »
Capitalise the R in Roman. Anglo-Saxon, not Angalo (I can see where you got this from), and *axemen I think. I think ASNaC could be a tad more whimsical, given our semi-legendary status in the university (I'm still explaining to this day that we exist) - something about emerging from Sidgwick Site bellowing oaths to Odin, Thor and Mead perhaps. I'm not biased at all...I can have a think about some Classical references to throw in to the Classicists to make them a bit more individual. Also *as they charge in.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:04:08 PM by Ezrael »

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 03:44:27 AM »
Capitalise the R in Roman. Anglo-Saxon, not Angalo (I can see where you got this from), and *axemen I think. I think ASNaC could be a tad more whimsical, given our semi-legendary status in the university (I'm still explaining to this day that we exist) - something about emerging from Sidgwick Site bellowing oaths to Odin, Thor and Mead perhaps. I'm not biased at all...I can have a think about some Classical references to throw in to the Classicists to make them a bit more individual. Also *as they charge in.

Changes made, the axemen area I can blame on my computer deciding I need to spell things like an american (eg. wrong). Angalo may be the same, or could just be a typo, I can be fairly prone to those!

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2013, 11:13:50 PM »
will the units have suitably expensive recruitment cost and take around 18 years to be made?

also will the upkeep be around 9000 denari per turn?
Tis but a scratch...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2013, 11:23:27 PM »
will the units have suitably expensive recruitment cost and take around 18 years to be made?

also will the upkeep be around 9000 denari per turn?

Surely the students should pay us!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2013, 11:30:06 PM »
Each turn is half a year, so technically -4500 per turn per member of the unit would be accurate.

That said, the factions are colleges and most colleges also spend money on students - it's the faculties that get the income mostly, the colleges use their extra wealth, bequests, etc to subsidise students.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2013, 01:15:50 AM »
I've added a little bit to the ASNAC description. Feels a bit better now

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2013, 01:18:43 AM »
Thanks - sorry I've been slow at working on this, had a really pretty armadilloty week but will try and be back on track with work, life and this as soon as I can.

Awkwardly, most of the L4 units would now be far quicker to make than the L3s, but the L3s are rather more core so I'll plug on at them.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:55:50 AM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2013, 07:08:50 AM »
Again I'd nitpick the grammar of the ASNaCs (though I'm sure you were tired :P) *bellowing *taken on the role of

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2013, 10:29:42 AM »
Again I'd nitpick the grammar of the ASNaCs (though I'm sure you were tired :P) *bellowing *taken on the role of

Nah, my grammer is just terrible!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2013, 10:50:21 AM »
Did you guys want me to look at putting a hedgehog banner in for the ASNACs if I remember rightly?

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »
That would be excellent, thankyou :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2013, 01:07:35 PM »
OK, that'll be my next job, then doctors and vets. I'm thinking sociologists will just be the same model as social scientists but with long pikes instead of short ones.