Author Topic: Troop Rosters  (Read 41244 times)

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Troop Rosters
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2013, 10:06:01 PM »
Are we happy with the most recent set of descriptions? If so, who do you want doing next Jubal?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2013, 02:41:19 PM »
Yep, those are great. Pretty much any of the level 3 planned types, or equally you could have a crack at ploughing through some of the buildings (I'm not too bothered with the buildings having terribly interesting descriptions, but getting some basics in to get the flavour there would be nice).
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2013, 03:22:13 PM »
OK, going to do my best to bulk out the level 3 rosters then we can get a preliminary release out.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2013, 04:04:40 AM »
Sociologists:

Code: [Select]
{Socio} Sociologists

{Socio_descr}
Sociologists spent much of their pre-war time debating about how best to govern a group of people, so organised warfare comes naturally! In battle they are equipped with long pikes, capable of impaling an entire horse! They form together in close ranks to form a forest of sharp points to present to a charging foe, however, watch the flanks! It is very difficult to turn one of these units quickly and they are forced to use a short-sword as a last resort.

{Socio_descr_short}
An anti-cavalry unit bearing long spears.

Also, should geographers be camel archers or melee camel fighters?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:38:53 PM by TTG4 »

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2013, 09:42:09 AM »
I like the idea of camel archers, if only because we don't seem to have any cavalry archers as yet

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2013, 02:36:26 PM »
I've had a good idea for medics, but it needs a model from another mod so I need to see if I can get permission from the guy who made it.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2013, 03:09:57 PM »
Permission received.  ;D

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2013, 03:17:05 PM »
...what is this idea, pray tell?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2013, 09:29:49 PM »
The mighty Battle Ambulance.  :P

Would be good to get another round of descriptions done anytime anyone's feeling bored.

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2013, 12:37:34 AM »
A few attempts:

{Geog} Geographers

{Geog_descr}
No-one knows what Geography is. From running surveys about beaches to annoyed holiday-makers or sitting in a dark room colouring in a map, all these things are geography. Known for coming up with poor excuses to visit exotic places, they’ve managed to acquire camels, who they now ride into battle. However, deciding crayons are rather ineffective weapons, they have learnt mounted archery on a ‘field trip’ to Mongolia. These are useful units as they can ride out and pelt an opposing force, before retreating to the cover of friendly melee forces. Even if their enemies try to return fire, they can form a cantabrian circle where they ride in a circle to throw off the aim of their enemies. However, camels are slower than horses, leaving them vulnerable if they stray too far from allied forces.

{Geog_descr_short}
A missile unit mounted on camels.

{Theo} Theologians

{Theo_descr}
Theologians are a strange bunch. Before conflict they chose to hit the books and study religions throughout geography and history. Yet now with the outbreak of war they’ve somehow acquired heavy armour and large hammers to batter through opposing forces. Rumours are abound of divine intervention of one form or another.

{Theo_descr_short}
A heavy infantry unit armed with hammers.

{Ant} Anthropologists

{Ant_descr}
Anthropologists study humans in many different respects. As a result they have discovered obscure tribes living in the Amazon rainforest with a very unique style of warfare. They close in and throw the heads of their enemies at their opposing ranks! This often induces fear and can cause their foes to rout at the next charge.

{Ant_descr_short}
A skirmish unit who hurl their enemies heads at the ranks of their foes.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2013, 11:33:23 PM »
Awesome, thanks!

I've taken a little while off from GoC stuff, but I'll get back to it soon and get some nice shiny new screenshots out hopefully.  :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2013, 11:13:42 PM »
Mathmos are in!  :)

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2013, 02:46:23 AM »
Another two

{Bamb} Battle Ambulance

{Bamb_descr}
Medical students are one of the most numerous of all students in the university. Horrified by the death and suffering going on around them they have decided to join the fight, in a humanitarian effort. With the assistance of a few friendly engineers they have hastily assembled carts pulled by four horses. On this, they ride with their allies into battle and use their expertise to assist them in their efforts.

{Bamb_descr_short}
A medic unit in hastily crafted carts pulled by horses to boost nearby allied forces.

{Vet} Veterinarians 

{Vet_descr}
Veterinarians have spent their time studying various domesticated species and how best to care for them. So, with the outbreak of war it seemed sensible for them to train beast units, specifically, war dogs. It is believed they would prefer tigers, but these are in rather short supply. These units are vulnerable if attacked directly, despite being lightly armoured and carrying short swords, however the animals themselves are cheap and relatively easy to replenish should it be necessary after battle.

{Vet_descr_short}
A small group of students leading large numbers of trained war dogs into battle.

Jubal, any chance of a screenshot of the mathmos (or the equivalent unit they're based on)? Preferbly of them in action? I'm not clear on how they'd work, which makes descriptions tricky.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2013, 06:35:40 PM »
Done the skin for the geographers :)

Re: mathmos; I'll get a screenie soon. Basically they have a short ranged thrown projectile, which is also their close combat attack, which is very, very inaccurate but very powerful and lobs people into the air.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2013, 10:15:09 PM »
Caterers, Gardeners, Bedders, Philosophers, Land Ecs

Busy I have been.  :P

I'm thinking a testing version should probably appear not too far into the future.