Author Topic: Troop Rosters  (Read 41262 times)

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Troop Rosters
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2013, 05:07:41 AM »
Another 6:

Bedders:

Code: [Select]
{Bed} Bedders

{Bed_descr}
Bedders are the long suffering domestic staff of the colleges. In peace time it was their responsibility to keep the students rooms in some semblance of normality. With the outbreak of war they have banded together to form medium infantry armed with axes and shields. They are useful for holding a line whilst heavier troops come up to finish off the enemy.

{Bed_descr_short}
A medium infantry unit armed with axes and shields.

Mathmos:

{Math} Mathmos

{Math_descr}
Mathmos are a group widely known for being highly introverted. However, with the outbreak of hostilities they gathered into groups and devised a rather unique form of combat. From a short range they throw their measuring rods at the enemy, throwing individuals into the air and disrupting their formation before charging and engaging them at close range whilst armed with measuring rods and giant protractors as shields.

{Math_descr_short}
A unit with special formation-disrupting abilities.

Philosophers:

{Phil} Philosophers

{Phil_descr}
Philosophers spent much of their pre-war time contemplating the meaning of things, so it seems strange that they have taken to a world of conflict so well. Basing their tactics on the soldiers of ancient Greece, in honour of the great philosophers of that country, they have formed themselves into heavily armoured hoplite units. These are very strong if attacked from the front, but are vulnerable to attacks from the flanks and rear due to the unwieldy nature of their long pikes.

{Phil_descr_short}
A heavily armoured hoplite unit.

Catering staff:

{Cat} Catering staff

{Cat_descr}
The catering staff were originally seconded by the new military authorities to ensure that the soldiers were properly fed out in the field. However, during battle they begin to feel like they could be put to better use, and successfully petitioned their superiors to allow them to take to the field. They have formed units of foot archers and have the handy effect of boosting the morale of nearby allies as they don’t want to have to cook their own food!

{Cat_descr_short}
A unit of foot archers who boost the morale of their allies.

Gardeners:

{Gar} Gardeners

{Gar_descr}
Gardeners are another group of college staff members rafted into combat roles by the new authorities. However, they have teamed up with a small group of engineers to become chariot units. These chariots have scythes attached to the wheels and each one contains three gardeners, each of whom is armed with a spade. These are very effective at destroying enemy formations, however they are vulnerable if forced to stop, or if they are driven berserk they may harm allied forces.

{Gar_descr_short}
A unit of scythed chariots containing melee infantry.

Land Economists:

{Land_Ec} Land Economists

{Land_Ec_descr}
Land Economists have decided to put their expertise to good use to form a scout cavalry unit. They are armed with javelins which they can throw from a distance along with shields and knives in case of melee combat. In order to maximise their speed they do not wear armour, instead wearing long coats and scarves to combat the breeze from moving at such high speed!

{Land_Ec_descr_short}
A scout cavalry unit that can fight at range and in melee.

I'm assuming Land Economists throw their javelins, but if not then I can change it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 03:17:17 PM by TTG4 »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2013, 06:45:22 PM »
Added in and updated, can we get townies and tourists done next, and the basic punt unit?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2013, 02:41:59 PM »
Here you go Jubal:

Townies:

{Town} Townies

{Town_descr}
Townies are how the students of the university refer to those who are local to Cambridge. With the militrization of the colleges, several bands of townies have formed together, arming themselves to attempt to maintain independence, and if the chance comes, claim some of the college land for their own!

{Town_descr_short}
A basic light infantry unit with short daggers and little or no armour.

Tourists:

{Tour} Tourists

{Tour_descr}
Tourists are a very, very large annoyance to the students. Trying to get around the city when large numbers of them are about is virtually impossible, resulting in many late lecture arrivals in times of peace. With the outbreak of war, several groups have been armed by the townies to make slingers, giving these brigand groups missile capabilities too!

{Tour_descr_short}
A basic mid-range missile unit equipped with slings.

Punt:

{Punt} Punt

{Punt_descr}
With the outbreak of hostilities, control of the river trade has become an important source of income. Since more than one faction has control of riverside colleges, naval combat has broken out. To facilitate this, the punts have been drafted. Ramming is a popular strategy, as is boarding the opponents punt and naval marines involving in hand to hand combat to capture opposing punts before sinking them with any remaining hands!

{Punt_descr_short}
A basic naval unit.

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2013, 01:40:49 PM »
I suspect this is possibly a bit far fetched, but is there a possibly of adding some sort of mutated plant along the lines of te stegosaurus and mammoth?

Could possibly make it either botanical gardens or downing site only, probably the gardens as the downing site may be a bit overpowered if we put it there, just a random idea.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2013, 02:27:41 PM »
I can do quirky walking trees, certainly. They'll look kinda odd but then in a world where mathmos with giant protractor shields are fighting natscis on mammoths that may not be a major concern for us.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2013, 02:36:28 PM »
I can do quirky walking trees, certainly. They'll look kinda odd but then in a world where mathmos with giant protractor shields are fighting natscis on mammoths that may not be a major concern for us.

Don't forget the slime mould too! Well, we can try I guess? If it looks too weird we can cut it

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2013, 03:14:42 PM »
Yeah, I've used them in WHTW, I think they look decent enough.  :)

Scarlet

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2013, 05:03:07 PM »
Do the trees! :D
like a bruise that would never go away, but she would cherish it for ever.

gellthîr i melethron nîn

nínim in menil

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2013, 06:09:43 PM »
Sad plant sci question time, what species of tree are they?

Scarlet

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2013, 11:08:24 PM »
*coughEntscough*

gellthîr i melethron nîn

nínim in menil

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2013, 11:14:55 PM »
I think Huorns would be a better estimation.

Scarlet

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2013, 11:19:57 PM »
Maybe.. though moving quickly..?

gellthîr i melethron nîn

nínim in menil

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2013, 11:04:39 PM »
I should get on at least with CompScis, mathmos and the other basic units. Skinning is just a really finicky job...

slayergr

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2013, 06:37:54 PM »
Hooligans ! Dont tell me that the (in)famous british hools dont go to college?Here they do!(the greek ones and of course not all).Exchange stundents as mercs!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »
I very much like the exchange student idea, I'll have a think on that.  :)