Author Topic: Screenshot Thread  (Read 24223 times)

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Screenshot Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 12:15:28 PM »
It probably won't be very balanced, starting wealth is likely to be a factor, though everyone should have some advantages.

Makes sense - for example, the Confederacy may be low on resources at the start but the central colleges are likely to just duke it out among themselves, at least initially

Harpsitron

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 05:40:22 PM »
You guys are all absolute geniuses and the whole thing looks unbelievably awesome.  When you were discussing things earlier though, I got the impression that the Cam was going to be more like sea in RTW, and given the emphasis on water trade in the faction descriptions it seems a shame not to include it in this mod! 

I realise there are problems with this idea: mainly that it would restrict foot crossing of the Cam, and that it raises the question what to use as the boat design. 

Restricted movement -  I'd initially like to suggest that a lack of bridges might not be a real problem, in that they could be made entirely redundant with boats.  There could be even be some sort of defensive justification for destroying them.  If this is unacceptable, there are probably real solutions too; I'm sure I remember some sort of green link allowing movement from Italy into Sicily in the Medieval version.  Also, a narrowing to river width might allow a bridge, but this does seem to defeat the purpose of the Cam sea!  The floor is open!

As for boats - punts would be just too awesome but I realise there might be serious difficulty in creating the artwork for these!  If not punts, I really don't think a novel boat design is very important, in fact, the more medieval (and early modern for the historical sticklers) the better really for a Cambridge river college battle!  It's just the idea of navies dominating the Cam and blockading college ports which is the exciting part. 

Anyway, a bit of a rambling post so sorry about that.  Really don't see this as any sort of criticism of your already awesome achievements, I just thought I would propose a possible tweak which I feel might add an extra dimension to the game play!  Thanks!

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 07:01:38 PM »
That would definitely add an interesting dimension. Might be worth working on that once we have everything else sorted, though Jubal is the expert there so see what he thinks

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 09:59:37 PM »
Yeah, we can look into it certainly.  :)

Screenies of the five new troop types!

BIO NATSCIS
The earliest cavalry unit available, on fast horses, wearing lab coats and armed with clamp stands.

HISTORIANS
Heavy line infantry for countering other early infantry types, with heavy shields and longswords. And elbow-patched tweed jackets, and corduroy trousers.

SOCIAL SCIENTISTS
A skirt, a roll-neck jumper, perfect organisational skills, and an eight foot spear. Counter-cavalry unit primarily, though also useful as static line infantry.

SCORPION
Six engineers huddle around a single early piece of torsion artillery.

ENGLISH STUDENTS
A book at their belt, a rather fetching scarf around their neck, and a sling in their hand, these are light skirmishing troops good at hiding and maneuvering.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »
Loving these :) Classiest Gauls I've ever seen :P
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:03:50 PM by Ezrael »

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:55 PM »
What IS that on the bio-natscis heads?!

Also, liking elbow patches, nice touch!

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 10:11:52 PM »
I think that's their hair, a Narnia model I'm guessing? Loving the clamp-stands

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 10:30:46 PM »
It's an odd hairdo, though I could give them a hat instead...

The model's actually the Germanic wailing women from the original game.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 10:39:26 PM »
I think a hat might make more sense personally, more sciencey (in my arty mind)  :D

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 10:51:37 PM »
Wearing hats in laboratories is usually prohibited.
Especially during chemical experiments and anything else that has something to do with open flame.

Also, long hair must be tied back.
Shoes must completely cover the foot.

Basics of lab safety. ;)
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 10:53:39 PM »
Long hair must be tied back.

Any way we could do this?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 11:03:57 PM »
Wearing hats in laboratories is usually prohibited.
Especially during chemical experiments and anything else that has something to do with open flame.

Also, long hair must be tied back.
Shoes must completely cover the foot.

Basics of lab safety. ;)
I know, I've worked in labs myself at times, believe it or not. :P There's no real way we can get long hair to be tied back. To be fair, they're not IN a lab, they're fighting to the death over the increasingly war-torn ruins of their university. I'll give them hats though, and shoes.

Harpsitron

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 09:54:43 AM »
Thanks for taking that on board! he new troops look fantastic too!  Especially the historians :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 01:04:44 AM »
No problemo, hopefully we'll get it sorted. Also, welcome to the site.  :)

New main menu:

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 01:34:12 AM »
What's the building in the bottom right by the way? Don't think I've seen it before.