Author Topic: Favourite Fantasy Weapon  (Read 2115 times)

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Favourite Fantasy Weapon
« on: October 27, 2008, 08:16:10 PM »
Favourite Fantasy weapon thread: as it says on the tin, what is your favourite fantasy weapon

Mine?

The Possible Sword, a sword capable of making every possible (no matter how improbable) stroke that could occur at a point in time, meaning the user can attack and defend against any number of attackers. Think of a coin, lets call it a fact coin, it will land heads or tails, or maybe on its side, but that isn't probable. Now we have the Possible coin, it can land on either face or its side, or at an angle or any other deviation, and will do all these at the same time. The same concept is what the Probable Sword uses, it 'mines' all the possibilities using a little clockwork device, and makes all of them happen in an instant, meaning there are a near infinate number of wielders all preforming an action at the same time

there are, however, downsides

the first is the clockwork that 'mines' the possibilities, giving the user its immense power, cannot be rewound, meaning that after time, the sword will fail, returning it to a diamond hard ceramic shortsword (not too bad)

the second is that it requires a certain type of skill, and lack of one, to use it. A perfect swordsman will make the best possible stroke, meaning the sword has no other possibilities to 'mine', so a very skilled swordsman will have no reason to use it. A novice may make a mistake and there is the possibility it could be fatal, but because of the Possible Swords method, it will happen. What is needed is an in-between style, so there is no chance a self harming blow will occur, yet still allowing as many possible moves in a given position. As an analogy, think of chess a bad player will often make mistakes, and a perfect player wastes their skill on anyone less than perfect as each move is part of a definite plan, a mediocre player will not make a bad move, but can often make move that don't progress the game any faster and generally does not plan more than a few moves ahead.

Weapon from 'The Scar' by China Mi

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Favourite Fantasy Weapon
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 10:05:42 PM »
The magic hamster powered machine gun. Much more reliable than gunpowder and much more powerfull than a modern gun. It can fire through buildings and even the impregnamble shed of hoboland. That would be portugaling awesome. I'm gona make one.

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Favourite Fantasy Weapon
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 05:23:15 PM »
I like the sword with a chainsaw blade spinning around it, wielding that is kick ass.