Author Topic: Game crashes when I attack Rebel Armies plus other issues.  (Read 3391 times)

DMKA94

• View Profile
    • Awards
Game crashes when I attack Rebel Armies plus other issues.
« on: April 04, 2013, 12:42:33 AM »
I've been playing this mod for about 20 hours now and have came across multiple crashes when I attack rebel armies. This is obviously a problem as they cause destruction/devastation in occupied provinces. I was able to find a way around the issue by bribing the armies with a Diplomat (although this only worked on armies being lead by captains.) Also I feel that rebel armies are some what sitting ducks, if it is possible to make  them more aggressive it would be a nice spike in the games difficulty. Rebels aside i have encountered several minor issues, the first issue is several spelling mistakes in unit descriptions (I'm a grammar Nazi so its not that important) 

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Game crashes when I attack Rebel Armies plus other issues.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:55:22 AM »
The new release coming out...when it's done will fix a whole host of potential problems with stability and crashing, although this can be caused by a faulty install of either RTW or WHTW as it is a problem that crops up every now and then in the main game. Descriptions are being done for everything and I'm sure the WHTW team will check for typos before the final release.

Hope you're enjoying the mod despite those issues :)
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 10:54:17 AM »
Rebels and stability have both been a big focus of the new release as well; expect a lot more area-specific rebel units and a lot more detail in rebels & mercenaries.

If you can tell me which units have the spelling mistakes I'll hunt them down and fix them.  :)

Thanks for the feedback!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

DMKA94

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »
That's good to hear! Just out of interest with the new update is it going to add extra units to all factions or is it only going to add extra units to factions with small unit rosters? (E.g. Wood Elves, Lizardmen and Beastmen?) Apart from the occasional bugs, a couple of over powered units and questionable campaign AI ( On several occasions factions would form an alliance with me and then attack a settlement within the same turn.) Apart from these issues I love playing this mod.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 06:46:10 PM »
I'd say at least half the factions have at least some extra units, there are certainly a lot of extras overall, though Wood Elves, Skaven, Beastmen and Lizardmen have received the most work. Off the top of my head, Tomb Kings, Undead, Chaos Dwarfs, High Elves, Dark Elves, Araby, Kislev, Brettonia have all had at least one addition apiece. I'm hoping Empire and Dwarfs will get additions too but I'm waiting on a couple of modellers there. There are a lot more area-specific rebels and mercs too, particularly in areas like Marienburg, Estalia, Ind or Albion that narrowly missed the cut in terms of us being able to fit them in as actual factions.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

DaCrAzYmOfO

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »
Moved this message :D