Author Topic: Citizenship Applications Thread  (Read 31927 times)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Citizenship Applications Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2018, 02:59:41 PM »

Hello Exilians!

Name
Rich or Tusky (née kinklade). I just changed my forum name from kinklade to Tusky because that's more similar to my game dev nom de plume. Sorry if that causes confusion and/or hysteria

Why you wish to become a citizen.
I'd like to be considered as a citizen because I like seeing what people are working on and chatting about it. I hope to share more about the projects I'm working on too. I've been contributing more actively over the last few weeks and like to carry on spreading the good vibes.

Any things you feel should be taken into consideration
I donated a couple of copies of my retro squirrel-em-up "Escape From BioStation" to the prize pool for the site's 10th birthday competition.
I actually first signed up a couple of years back to get some feedback on it but didn't because I just got too caught up in development.

Application Type
Patronage
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2018, 11:11:50 PM »
*hysteria ensues*
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2018, 07:49:19 AM »
Oh god. What have I done?!?
<< Signature redacted >>

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2018, 09:12:39 AM »
"I, for one, welcome our new elephantine overlords."

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2018, 12:39:51 PM »
Hey folks :-)

Name
Nic

Why you wish to become a citizen
It would be awesome to become a citizen - it's such an interesting community with some very diverse views and some incredibly talented and friendly folks :-)

Any things you feel should be taken into consideration
I lurk a lot, but reply when I can :-)

Application Type
Patronage

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2018, 09:16:17 PM »
Many thanks, Nic - the vote is now under way.

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2018, 10:12:45 AM »
Awesome, thanks for keeping me in the loop :-)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2023, 05:55:54 PM »
Minor moderation/admin note: after discussions with various possible applicants recently, it transpired that the sample application's use of a "name" field had left some people thinking that their real-space name was required. It isn't - the expectation was that people would put their username not their real name - and indeed the name field isn't required at all for an application. I have updated to sample application to read Name/Username to hopefully clarify this a bit.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Anonyman

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2023, 11:37:16 PM »
Name/Username: Anonyman

Why I want to be a citizen: Hi! I'm Joe and I've decided it's probably time that I finally submit a citizenship application, seeing as I've been hanging around Exilian to a greater or lesser degree for... about a decade now, I think? That's rather concerning. Anyway, I'm sure Jubal was up to something or other interesting in here that I got dragged into back then, and I've been sort of hanging around and telling myself "I should probably post more in here sometime, the culture and community seem excellent and it's generally a nice and positive thing that there's a classic-style webforum community still hanging on in these days of social media" (and then not actually posting more) ever since! But I've been turning up to Exilian pub-hangouts frequently and really enjoying them and the people I've met and conversations I've had, and thought it was finally time to actually start contributing properly to the forum itself  :) (also, any website that has such an exceptional smiley-selection interface is definitely one I want to be involved with!)

Achievements: I'm not really sure I have many of these yet... I have a number of overly ambitious project ideas rattling around my head at any given time, but they usually don't make it far enough into the creative process to be actually ready to be shown to the forum. I did help out with some testing and minor design suggestions for the Coding Medieval Worlds gather.town venue, and hopefully my latest odd idea-turned-maybe-actual-project (a sort of Disco Elysium-spoof adventure game where the player wakes up to the horrifying, existentially shattering realisation that they're a Liberal Democrat parliamentary election candidate) will end up progressing to the point that I can share it with you all!

Type of application: Patronage

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2023, 01:20:04 PM »
Oh, just to say as I'd forgotten to, this has been forwarded to a vote now :)

Jafeth (Who is also here)

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Allir einherjar Óðins túnum í höggvask hverjan dag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2023, 09:51:38 PM »
Name: Jafeth

Why I want to be a citizen: I've been part of the Discord community for years now and I think it's about time. The community is an incredible place of wholesome people where I feel remarkably safe and I want to help keep it that way.

Achievements: I've done technical help for Coding Medieval Worlds and been a contributor to the Discord.

Type of application: Patronage

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2023, 10:36:10 PM »
Duly moved to vote with myself as patron :)