Author Topic: Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancinet Greece  (Read 1794 times)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancinet Greece
« on: August 18, 2013, 04:55:46 AM »
Anyone know anything about this game/played it. Not sure if I want to buy it or if I just like Greeks.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancinet Greece
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 06:46:20 PM »
I have it! It's a really nice break from TW games, with a whole new perspective on strategy. The food mechanic is very clever, but it takes time to get used to. My only big issue has been late game, when you have to attend to so many small things (such as raiding parties, managing food flow to where your armies are) on different fronts. It is quite tedious, and it's the biggest reason of why I haven't wanted to finish my Philip II campaign (which has been the only campaign I've played. Aside of that, I find it great, the tactics you need are quite well implemented considering the limitations of space.

So, to sum it up, I feel the biggest advantage of this game is the introduction of a concept I have not seen on any other game (S2 and R2's form of taking food into account of using it is too simplistic to even be considered, if you compare it to this). If you see it on sale, it's a really good deal. You can always try out the demo.

In any case, the sequel, centered on Caesar's campaigns in Gaul, is supposed to reduce the micromanagment of the later stages of the campaign. I hope they introduce a combat AI of some sorts, where you can leave some patrolling armies at the hands of the AI so you can focus on your active fronts.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D