Author Topic: Assassin's Creed Revelations Plot - Oh My God...  (Read 3592 times)

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • It is easier to criticize than to correct our past
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Assassin's Creed Revelations Plot - Oh My God...
« on: September 15, 2013, 07:16:25 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the plot of this game is stupid?
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Plot - Oh My God...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 07:21:38 PM »
Nope, after AC1 the series went downhill. Picked up a little for 3 imo and I belive it's going to get amazing with the next one.

Without spoilers, there are bits that just make no sense characterwise. Pre-established traits and flaws just seem to get dropped in favour of a twist. Doesn't work for me either.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 08:39:04 PM »
The whole plot of the AC series looks a bit stupid to me. In AC1,(I didn't play it really,but I heard that)the plot wasn't revealed trully - What is the Apple? What is it's full potential? What does it do? And finally,who made it?
The answer - Aliens.
Oh wait,it wasn't aliens,but very advanced human-like creatures that are lived on earth way before us,and that created us in their own image. Why?
Well,they needed slaves,and we later on rebelled and this somehow blew up the whole planet.So yeah,it is kinda like the stuff you usually expect to hear from this guy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But,by far,the best part of the ACR plot is when Ezio infiltrates that underground Byzantine town in Cappadocia. You know,when he makes a whole town full of innocent people die from suffocation? And after that,he isn't like "Oh crap,I shouldn't have done that...",instead,he is totally cool & continues on his epic quest to save his love (was that thing happening between Ezio and Sofia really a romance? Really?!?!!?),and to save the Ottoman empire (yay?). In fact,one (or was it two?) sequences before that,Ezio cries when he finds out that he killed a man who was in fact trying to eliminate the Byzantines,and was doing quite well. But now,he willingly blows up a gunpowder deposit in the middle of a city built in a cave? This is the most likable main character I have ever seen in a video game.

Also,is it just me,or does the interface of the Animus only get worse and with less features with it's every new release? What,was it created by Opera Software?
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Scarlet

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 08:40:20 PM »
Yeah.. to some extent ridiculous. But suspend disbelief! It makes it all better.

And then ruthlessly rip the plot apart afterwards no matter how much you enjoyed it.

I think ACII is better than I because of the increase in variety of the missions..

IV is looking to be good, though very different.
like a bruise that would never go away, but she would cherish it for ever.

gellthîr i melethron nîn

nínim in menil

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 09:25:18 PM »
I don't care about the plot at all. It's interesting but if you judge a game on just it's plot than you'll ruin the game, unless it has an awesome plot that is. ASI and revelations (I never played 2, it didn't work (Stupid Ubisoft)) were fun and that's all I care about. I like the plot as well. I found it interesting.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 12:33:24 AM »
Hey Skull, don't pick on Giorgio! :P

I enjoyed AC II. Haven't played any further than that, although I did read the novelisations of Brotherhood and Revelations.

Yeah.... I'm one of those people. :P In all honesty, I'm not usually one of those people, but my computer's armadilloey and my Xbox wouldn't play AC II for some reason, so I figured it wasn't even worth buying the sequels.

The plot didn't seem too bad in the novelisations though. Revelations might have been the best novelisation I've ever read.

That's not saying much though. :P
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 03:12:23 AM »
AC 1 ended with the apple being revealed as the souce of madness and power and the animus was clearly defined earlier on as being a projection of genetic memory and a prototype, weird how 20 mins later that they have hundreds of them but anyway. Templars lie, obviously, I guess. After that all notion of suspended disbelief was destroyed by Ubisoft saying 'People like that? Stick multiplayer on it'.

Gears of War novelisations are more than halfway decent. Not enough shooting grubs but otherwise solid additions. If anyone wants to talk GoW make a thread and I will chat that with you for days on end.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 07:56:03 AM »
I've read the Brotherhood book. So awesome. It's what got me started on the series.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 01:56:07 PM »
I don't care about the plot at all. It's interesting but if you judge a game on just it's plot than you'll ruin the game, unless it has an awesome plot that is. ASI and revelations (I never played 2, it didn't work (Stupid Ubisoft)) were fun and that's all I care about. I like the plot as well. I found it interesting.
The problem is that the series puts a lot of emphasis on the plot,it is what is supposed to make it great (along with assassinations) - Ubisoft tells us that this game has a "award winning story",which is such a lie.

Also,to me,it remains unclear what was  the truth Ezio was searching:

Quote from: Ubisoft
"Ezio Auditore must leave his life behind in search of answers, in search of the truth."

What truth? Truth about Altair? About the Apple? About the Polos? About Altair's Library? About what??? :-\

Hey Skull, don't pick on Giorgio! :P

What?  ::)

AC 1 ended with the apple being revealed as the souce of madness and power and the animus was clearly defined earlier on as being a projection of genetic memory and a prototype, weird how 20 mins later that they have hundreds of them but anyway. Templars lie, obviously, I guess.
If I recall correctly,in AC I,the animus is much more primitive that in the other games,right?
So,who made the Assassin ones?

And here is something I forgot earlier - den defense.
This is probably the most strange part of the game - the whole thing about the assassins and templars fighting eachother is supposed to be very,very secret,right?
Then why do the Byzantine Templars attack assassin dens with a army of soilders and battering rams,Greek fire,Machine Guns & Monster Bombards,and the assassins defend their dens by building barricades that have mounted machine guns and by shooting cannon salvos at them? And this all ends with streets full of dead people,so I am sure that nobody in the city will notice this.
This feature is also boring as hell. The only interesting thing in it is when the Byzantine siege weapon arrives at the end,and the background music.

Also,the parts where you search for the Masyaf keys made me want to throw my PC out of the window.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:58:47 PM by Skull »