Author Topic: 0AD - Empires Ascendant funding campaign  (Read 3050 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
0AD - Empires Ascendant funding campaign
« on: October 01, 2013, 11:44:59 PM »

0AD, created by independent software team Wildfire Games, is doing a big funding drive so they can employ some of their core team to help rapidly get more programming done. If you haven't taken a look at the game before, it's a fantastic up and coming free fan-built RTS. With a wide range of factions and units, high quality graphics, innovative gameplay design, and a strong free to play ethic, it's as good as many major titles from established companies but without the drawbacks. We're fully behind the project; Exilian already supports 0AD scenario design and has sections where you can download extra map packs, too!

Getting 0AD finished won't just provide a great, free game for us to play. Once Wildfire Games finish their masterpiece it'll be the turn of modders - every aspect of 0AD, as an open source game, will be fully moddable, including the core engine. This could lead to many more exciting RTS games spinning off from the original. With all that to wait for, what are YOU waiting for? Take a look at their website and their fundraiser!

Main Website:
http://www.play0ad.com

Fundraising drive:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/support-0-a-d-an-open-source-strategy-game/

Thanks for your time, and for helping our friends out.

Jubal
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • It is easier to criticize than to correct our past
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 0AD - Empires Ascendant funding campaign
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 06:29:04 PM »
They need to add something not seen yet. Or something that has been seen,but used in very few games.

Maybe,hero control?
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 0AD - Empires Ascendant funding campaign
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 05:47:49 PM »
I think it's more to make a game that really hasn't existed yet, such as AoE I, with historical accuracy and a new engine (and it's free, which is great). But I get where you're going, I don't like much this whole Kickstarter thing either. Especially by the fact I can't really contribute unless I ask for a credit card :D
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D