Author Topic: An Actual Introduction.  (Read 9912 times)

Paramythion

• View Profile
    • Awards
An Actual Introduction.
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:21:03 PM »
Well, I am he that was formerly Lord Blaiddmor.
I have decided to more or less ditch the whole alter-ego thing. It was fun for awhile, but after hanging out on Exilian for a bit, I started to realize that I actually really liked it here. And it is sort of difficult to actively participate in a community while pretending to be a clueless fantasy noble and his entourage. So I changed my name up a bit (because keeping the name of a character I made up seemed odd), and intend to be (hopefully) much more active.

As for an actual introduction, well..
I originally found Exilian while searching for Mount And Blade mods, when I stumbled across the Extended Factions mod (which I am still waiting patiently for news on, as I am convinced it is the coolest M&B mod idea in a very long time) on the Taleworld's forums. I then ended up getting linked back to Exilian a fair amount more, through various excellent mods that the community here has released, before I finally gave in and made an account.

Random details.

I mod a bit, on a strictly amateur level; mostly tweaking Rome Total War (and good ol' Medieval Total War, when I can get it working), although I have experimented on other games as well. I am looking into getting a bit more serious about it.

I also write. Again, I am not terribly good at it, but hoping to improve myself.

I play guitar, rather well, if I may say so myself. I enjoy playing virtually any sort of music, but prefer overly grandiose rock, celtic, and post-hardcore stuff (of the melodic variety), are my specialities.

I mess around in a variety of other areas, but those are the only really relevant hobbies I have. I am also interested in language, and I am learning several at the moment (with varying levels of success), and I enjoy tinkering with anything I can get my hands on, and creating things.

With all that being said, I hope I can contribute something useful to this delightful little community.

comrade_general

Re: An Actual Introduction.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:53:12 PM »
It's a pleasure to re-meet you. :)

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 10:41:03 PM »
No its not.
Go away again  >:(

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:42:24 PM »
Have an actual welcome to go with the actual introduction. Look forward to seeing you around - looks like you'll be able to poke your nose in more or less everywhere!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Paramythion

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 05:24:11 AM »
Pentagathus: I have a feeling this is the start of a long and mutually beneficial relationship. ;D

And Jubal and CG, it is, of course, a pleasure to meet you both outside a fictional persona. :) I am a pretty huge fan of both of yalls works, and hope I can learn a lot from hanging around here. And yep, I fully intend to stick my nose in just about everywhere.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 11:55:39 AM »
I never really talked to you much before. I saw you around a lot but never said hey. I'll call you... Thion... or maybe Myth or Ram or Para... everyone needs a nickname right?

Anyway, I came here the same way you did but instead for Southern Realms mostly. That was what? About 3 year ago... I miss Southern Realms... But anyway, I also do some amateur modding with M&B and Morrowind but I haven't done much of either in quite a while.

I could really get used to seeing your name around more often, if you want come and hang in the Beer Cellar if you like. There's a lot of stuff there to pass the time.

(Does anyone have any idea why Pent is like that with new people? Maybe it's the brown name.)
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

comrade_general

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 01:56:29 PM »
(Does anyone have any idea why Pent is like that with new people? Maybe it's the brown name.)
Just don't get your hands too close to his mouth.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 04:01:50 PM »
Its just because everyone else is nice to the new people, there has to be some balance. Ying and yang and all that bollocks.

Pentagathus: I have a feeling this is the start of a long and mutually beneficial relationship. ;D

Feckin arsebiscuits.

Scarlet

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 03:40:13 PM »
Hello again, lovely to meet you again. Hope to see you around :)

(The alter-ego was awesome, by the way, maybe he should turn up again on occasion. :P)
like a bruise that would never go away, but she would cherish it for ever.

gellthîr i melethron nîn

nínim in menil

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 01:52:57 AM »
Hi again, yeah definitely bring out the persona for forum rpgs :)

New name is great though!
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Paramythion

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 06:01:39 AM »
Thanks to all of you, for your welcome.
I feel so loved.  ;D

Scarlet and Rob: Glad it was enjoyed, and yes, the good Lord himself may pop out of retirement eventually. I have been rather drowned in college and such things, that I haven't been able to get to the pile of letters I have from him and his embassy. Oh, and glad you like the name, Rob, I am switching over a lot of my internet things to it, as it is a bit more stylish then anything I went by before.

Pentagathus: I am going to forever picture you as grumpy cat now, whenever I see you post. Sorry.
You are right though, people are pretty dang nice here. I have always been confused as to why so many newcomers don't stick around.

The Khan: I am partial to Myth myself.  ;)
And I remember when I saw Southern Realms too... I almost sobbed when I realized it wasn't for Warband. The mod itself is utterly fantastic, but I can never seem to get used to the original M&B animations.
I might just drop by the Beer Celler, college is slacking off a bit now, so I might have the time.

P.S. In case no one could tell, I like posting walls of text, even when not in character. The curse of being a writer.

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 10:15:46 AM »
Welcome once again! The alter-ego was epic, I agree that he should be brought out sometimes :P .

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 02:06:50 PM »
You are right though, people are pretty dang nice here. I have always been confused as to why so many newcomers don't stick around.
Oh but they do stick around.......... in the crypts.
Also Jubal told me to be more patronising a while ago. So well done on thinking of the new name all by yourself. Have a virtual cookie for it.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 04:39:55 PM »
Wait, when did I tell you to be more patronising?

Also, sorry about the SR/Warband thing, I never had time to port it.  :(
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 06:23:50 PM »
You said I should patronise more people, although you pretended that you actually meant I should offer patronage to prospective citizens.