King's Landing to become a real place...

Started by Jubal, January 08, 2014, 01:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jubal

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/07/kings-langley-game-of-thrones_n_4553653.html

QuoteIt lies just north of Watford, a place famous for its junction, football team and Elton John. But now the sleepy Hertfordshire town (probably - we've never been there) Kings Langley is due to be famous in its own right.

Yes, this February, the town will officially change its name to King's Landing - royal capital of the fictional continent Westeros - to celebrate the release of series three of 'Game Of Thrones' on DVD. And it's all happening because, according to the Radio Times, "a producer for the hit HBO show heard the town listed as a stop while waiting for a train at London's Euston station".

Thoughts?  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Scarlet

Oh come on. That's wonderful but it MUST be bullarmadillo. That's utterly absurd.
like a bruise that would never go away, but she would cherish it for ever.

gellthîr i melethron nîn

nínim in menil

comrade_general

Jubal

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

Jubal

esoanem

I used to live in Hemel so seeing this was pretty funny. Doing it for a week seems completely pointless even as a publicity stunt though :/

Fish Priest

The only other temporary name-change I've heard of is Volgograd temporarily reverting to Stalingrad for the anniversary of the end of the battle.

Gen_Glory

So fans would go just for the name? Are they opening a gift/merch shop as well? If not can't see many people going
Tis but a scratch...