Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 48313 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 04:45:43 PM »
Welcome Principe Alessandro! Feel free to test and give analysis! Spain is the only one without a tester
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »
 Greeting Mirionis and Principe, welcome to the forums. :)

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 06:37:18 PM »
Howdy!
I'm Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs, but you may simply call me "V" :D
I was a beta tester and dev member for the RTRVII mod, and am a big fan of RTW, RTR, as well as a few other mods :D
Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and  Head of Public Relations
RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
-----------------------------------------
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 06:39:10 PM »
Hey you made it! Spain needs to be tested if you want to do that :)
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 09:02:05 PM »
sure :)
Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and  Head of Public Relations
RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 11:25:50 PM »
Welcome to all the new people :) I hope you enjoy your stays here!

Because I'm an admin, I'm going to sneak in here and give you a quick rundown of some of the other highlights you might find poking around the Exilian! Obviously your primary reason for coming was this brilliant mod, but you're very welcome to look at the other stuff we have going on as well.  :)
For offtopic chatter feel free to join in in the Boozer subforum:
http://www.exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=69.0
If you enjoy discussions of history more generally (and it sounds like you all do!) the forum for that is the Great Library:
http://www.exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=59.0
If any of you are writers of any sort we have an area for that too:
http://www.exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=64.0

And loads more - do make yourself at home and have a look around. The other thing I should mention is that we're unusual in that we're a totally community run forum. Any of you who stick around and post around the forum can apply or be approached to become a citizen, whereupon the current citizens vote on whether to let you in. If you're a citizen of the site you get a full direct say in how the site is run and the ability to vote in our elections. It's a good thing to aim for and helps ensure this site is run by you guys - the gamers, geeks, creative types, etc who make the place tick.  :)

Finally, if you have any problems or queries about anything do contact myself or another member of staff.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TheCheese

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2014, 12:13:24 AM »
Greetings all!
By invite of ahowl from TWCenter, I am here as an enthusiastic beta tester for the new Realism project! So let me introduce mahself!
My name is Casey, I live in Oklahoma, USA, and spend my time as a general layabout, wastrel, philosopher and ancient military strategist. I love reading, writing, drawing, video games, hiking etc. I also wash dishes at a burger joint.
I have no experience in modding any Total War game, but I have modded the Elder Scrolls series of games, so learning how to mod Rome isn't immediately daunting, I could potentially learn.

I'd like to mention that I'm new to the Realism mod series, being currently engaged in my first campaign in fact, in RTR VII as Sparta. I am enjoying it tremendously and I am very excited to be a beta tester for a new project!

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2014, 12:27:06 AM »
Welcome, you're enthusiasm is what prompted me to ask you ha. I believe Egypt and the Julii are still in need of testing.

TheCheese

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2014, 12:32:43 AM »
 ;D
Sounds perfect, I will start a Julii campaign tonight.

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2014, 08:08:46 PM »
Salvete commillitones,

I was just hired by awhol as well  ;D I'm a historical advisor on R2TR and have been on TWC since late 2011 (?). Actually I signed up just after RTR VII came out and have been quite active on the RTR forum since then. I'm studying in my Master at a small university in Germany next to the mythic Teutoburg Forest (actually there was fog hanging over the forest today when we had a seminary and I remarked to a mate that it's like what Varus would have seen  ;) ).
For now I'll need to look around a bit here and see which progress has been made thus far  ;)
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2014, 08:12:29 PM »
Salvete commillitones,

I was just hired by awhol as well  ;D I'm a historical advisor on R2TR and have been on TWC since late 2011 (?). Actually I signed up just after RTR VII came out and have been quite active on the RTR forum since then. I'm studying in my Master at a small university in Germany next to the mythic Teutoburg Forest (actually there was fog hanging over the forest today when we had a seminary and I remarked to a mate that it's like what Varus would have seen  ;) ).
For now I'll need to look around a bit here and see which progress has been made thus far  ;)

Finally! Welcome Mausolos, we really needed an historian in the team.

phalanx_man

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2014, 06:26:05 AM »
Hello Fellow Modders,

I am phalanx_man and I am new to this forum.   I am Serbian by birth and a Canadian citizen.   I currently live in Mexico but am about to move to Michigan, USA for a new job in the coming weeks.    I have been a Mechanical Engineer since graduating in 1990 and my specialty is working at power plants in a commissioning and field service capacity.    I have always been interested in ancient military history from a young age.   My favorite period spans from 490 BC (the Awakening of the Athenians), through the campaigns of Alexander and the period of the Successors to roughly the end of BC (the beginning of the Roman empire), although I have lately also become interested in the early Roman Empire and the span of the Eastern Roman Empire as well.   If reincarnation is real then I must have been a Greek in those times because I love the Classical and Hellenistic periods and everything Greek in general.   I have particularly followed the military career of Alexander the Great and my greatest historical interest regarding battles are the fascinating duels between the Macedonian Phalanx and the Roman Legion.   In 2010 my wife gave birth to our first child, a boy, who we named Alexander in honour of the Greatest Man That Ever Lived.

I have been an avid fan of RTW since January 2009 when I first played the game.   Since then, I was introduced to Rome Total Realism which, for me, took the game to a new level with its’ realistic battles, skins, historical unit additions and historical backgrounds.   This prompted me in 2010 to do my own research on ancient arms and armour and, after reading many works of both ancient and modern historians, I made my own personal mod of RTR which I have been playing and tweaking ever since.

My modding has mostly focused on text editing of various files that were necessary to do my RTR mod and I can say I have pretty much examined or modded about half of all the text files in the Data subdirectory.   The files I have spent the most time with are EDU, DMB, EDB, descr_Formations, ED_ancillaries and ED_character_traits.    I haven’t had much luck modding banners as I had hoped – something for a future time perhaps.    I am here because my work on EDU had been noticed by ahowl11 and he has graciously asked me to contribute my findings and the EDU file that I modded to hopefully make for even more realistic battles.   Thank you ahowl11 for involving me in this and I hope that the other members herein will find my work useful.

Please refer to the following link in this forum that will outline the work I had done on EDU that has been used in this mod. 

http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2865.new#new

It is a pleasure to meet all of you,

Kind Regards.
Phalanx_man.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:55:31 AM by phalanx_man »

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2014, 06:59:13 AM »
Welcome phalanx_man, your EDU will really make this mod something unique :)

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »
Why are all the Newbies in the one place of Exilian that I visit the least? :( I don't have to introduce myself do I?
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 06:18:51 PM »
You can if you want to! Maybe some of the members would be interested in other places of exilian? Although, Jubal already posted info here about  the other places.