Author Topic: Discussion: Economy/Government/Population Growth  (Read 13123 times)

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Discussion: Economy/Government/Population Growth
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 01:29:46 PM »
I think that's an amazing idea, Mausolos.

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 03:22:10 PM »
Thanks  :) We need someone who knows if this can be implemented, though. Same with my idea for the governor traits- I'm a creative mind, but I need other people to realise my ideas  ;D
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 03:43:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure both ideas can be made, especially the governor's traits idea, since RTW uses the same trait system as MTW2.

The Sloth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 05:35:04 PM »
Well, this is pretty much the way we're headed already, right? Since the more civilized areas of the map have much more settlements, and every one of them can be developed much further, we need some trick for barbarians to stay competitive. Cutting their expenditures is the most logical way to do this.
And as for barbarians eyeing the riches of civilization... there is no need for them to even hold civilized settlements. With my traits, I can make it so that they recieve some hideous amounts of cash whenever they raze a well-populated city. We could basically create a role-playing experience for the barbarian player where he comes back every two decades or so to "milk" those decadent idiots...

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 09:37:59 PM »
Yes that's probably right and I think overall it will improve the realism and immersion.

Using traits to give more sense to looting sounds like a very good idea, thus plundering would really enrichen you as a Barbarian faction and present a viable option. The only question would be, if the AI can handle it.

Augustus

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:26 AM »
I like all of these ideas guys, original :)
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Alavaria

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 07:26:37 AM »
Well, this is pretty much the way we're headed already, right? Since the more civilized areas of the map have much more settlements, and every one of them can be developed much further, we need some trick for barbarians to stay competitive. Cutting their expenditures is the most logical way to do this.
And as for barbarians eyeing the riches of civilization... there is no need for them to even hold civilized settlements. With my traits, I can make it so that they recieve some hideous amounts of cash whenever they raze a well-populated city. We could basically create a role-playing experience for the barbarian player where he comes back every two decades or so to "milk" those decadent idiots...
Hmm, this sounds like a recipe for a hilarious barbarian faction breaking out and just blitzing across the map like a train on steroids, killing off  AIs along the way, or basically crippling them, which means when you hit the end of the map there's only going to be a few lame AI factions left.

Please note that if the barbarians are supposed to have cheaper buildings, any shared buildings will have to be made into separate ones, and you would be stuck in the case of farms, government building, mines, roads, ports which cannot be made into two separate trees.

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 04:49:06 PM »
Your last point indeed seems to be a problem. It's not possible to give a certain faction a certain bonus, like on STW2 or R2?

Augustus

The Sloth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 05:09:51 PM »

Hmm, this sounds like a recipe for a hilarious barbarian faction breaking out and just blitzing across the map like a train on steroids, killing off  AIs along the way, or basically crippling them, which means when you hit the end of the map there's only going to be a few lame AI factions left.

Please note that if the barbarians are supposed to have cheaper buildings, any shared buildings will have to be made into separate ones, and you would be stuck in the case of farms, government building, mines, roads, ports which cannot be made into two separate trees.

Well, like I said, we need something to make barbarians the constant danger they historically were. The only time I have ever seen a barbarian faction achieve anything of note was with EB's Lusotannans. It has always rubbed me the wrong way that these factions' only purpose seems to be being conquered.
The details are of course subject to balancing. But I would certainly love an opportunity to conduct raids like barbarians historically did: the Celts in Italy and Greece, the Germans in Gaul and Italy...

As for the building costs, that is no problem at all. Construction discounts are a normal bonus for buildings, even if they don't show up in the building info.

xeofox

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2014, 11:52:48 PM »
Comrades PLease! See the table "the illusion from nomadism to  urbanization" and write your opinion.
http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2938.50

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 12:23:03 AM »

Yeah, let's discuss this. How can we simulate this? Especially for Parthia as they need to start off as nomadic
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 12:26:31 AM »
Can someone explain the daft German what this means and how it is supposed to work?  :P  How is this a transition from nomadic to urban culture?

Augustus

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 12:30:02 AM »
The sharp Portuguese doesn't understand it either... :-[

xeofox

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 08:14:53 AM »
Nomadism is an illusion! There's not a building but simply actions.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 04:38:16 PM »
Oh I see, so something like EB?