Author Topic: RPG (OOC)  (Read 21226 times)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RPG (OOC)
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 08:06:40 AM »
While the lines are rarely that clear cut, sure thing I'll keep that in mind :P
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 08:32:17 AM »
Haha, OK. :)
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »
So is this going to be our OOC thread for chatting about characters and stuff and then we're going to have an IG/IC thread for the RPG to take place in?

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 09:25:05 AM »
That's what I'm guessing. It'd work better that way.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 09:53:07 AM »
Yeah, it would mean we could have a pure RP thread and then this one for ideas and stuff :)

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 12:33:37 PM »
Sounds good, it'd be easier for me to reference characters too if I can just keep a tab open :)
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

comrade_general

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 12:48:51 PM »
Someone help me out and create a character for me. :P

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 01:12:36 PM »
I'll give it a go, although you may want to make some changes :)

Ser Graves

Gallant Knight of the middle realm, he has fallen from favour with his Lord as he was framed for the kidnapping the Lords sister by fellow knight Ser Paolan of Gravewood who showed up with her soon afterwards to collect the ransom.

Ser Graves, having sold his weapon and armour spent most of his time in a tavern drowning his sorrows. Many days after his money had run out and he had sobered up Graves witnessed the attack of three squires on a young girl. Remembering his enemy and seeing the same sneer in these three he picked up a rock and crushed the skull of one of them. The other two overpowered the knight and the former Ser Graves was arrested and thrown into prison, expecting execution by tomorrow.

Str 5

Per 6

End 5

Cha 5

Int 4

Agi 4

Luck 3

Equipment: manacles, shackles, linen clothing, rope belt.

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 01:20:18 PM »
A human :O what is this? This opens a whole world of opportunities for starting the world off what with him about to be executed and all.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 01:22:54 PM »
Wrt my character's skills, would it be possible to be able to craft magic/special stuff without having any inherent spellcasting abilities? Like rune-lore of some sort?

Definitely healing skills and extremely good academic knowledge of geography, history, etc are a thing.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 01:34:47 PM »
He could definitely create magic scrolls which have a one read only spell in them. As a fair warning remember to let go of it after reading.

Healing is something he'd be good at, especially removing arrows and diagnosis, while bandaging would be Faelon's skill as in my experience agility is more useful than int for that and Elarta can craft some poultices for the absinthe flavoured healing variety.

As for academic knowledge, I've definitely factored that in. You'll get a pm where the others wouldn't *necessarily* get a pm about certain things, such as 'this tomb looks very much like the one from 'A History of the Necromantic Kingdoms' then you say to the party 'Yikes guys, better bring out the anti magic...things and sharpen your clubs' or whatever seems appropriate :)

Racial things will also be taken into account, so far the party will be at a loss with Merfolk nuances but each other race is covered. E.g 'You arrive at an Orc outpost, a sentry barks at you and bashes his weapon upon his shield threateningly!' I'd PM Tom and probably Jubal (i'd roll 2d6 against int score) saying, 'this is a standard Orc hailing, he's being friendly and formal....for an Orc.'

Rolls will be done how and when I choose pretty much, I may roll against 2d6, 1d6, a d20, d100. Depends which will most accurately reflect the potential outcomes in my opinion.

EDIT: @ Tom. Yep humans were in the list, also starting with something dramatic lets some action start pronto. Plus this character has a beginning(getting free), a middle game(clearing his name) and an endgame(revenge/other) :D

comrade_general

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 01:39:51 PM »
I'll take it. :)

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 02:10:26 PM »
I'm thinking my character is just going to be a bash their heads in type, judging by how many points I've put in to his intelligence and charisma and his useless idea of tactics in his backstory. He'll probably be quite reckless as well.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 02:43:16 PM »
'cg, Great! Any tweaks you want?

@Tom. There is a time and place for all types, charge in swinging, he knows how to hunt from his scouting days and can smell an ambush from a mile away, you'll definitely be a useful member of the team. Plus I can bait him into all kinds of fun event and sequences to make for an entertaining story :)

comrade_general

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 03:22:47 PM »
No I think it looks good to me.