Author Topic: Chapter 1: The White Bishop  (Read 10915 times)

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 1: The White Bishop
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 12:20:03 AM »
I look around, people call me crazy but I am not stupid, far from it. Almost every that's left has a dagger. I let my hands drop to my sides where my own daggers rest. I started backing away, towards the back of the now hostile looking crowd. If anything were to happen right in the middle would be the worst place to be. As moving back through the crowd I notice something out of the corner of my eye, someone. I turn my head just in time to see someone disappeared behind a building.

Oooo, look at that.

It's a person, maybe you should check it out.

I frown, wondering what the voices have gotten me into this time. Gladly moving away from the crowd I head towards the building in which I thought I saw the person go and when I get there I peek my head around the corner.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 02:43:20 PM »
Right, I think; time for some Minotaur-themed action.

I gingerly step out of the alleyway and saunter across to the men fighting the elf, smiling brightly (or getting as close to it as a Minotaur reasonably can). If I can get close enough I'll tap one on the shoulder, if not I'll just wander over.

"Good day, gentlemen. Everyone having fun here?"
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 08:23:41 PM »
Ser Graves throws four knives at once from each hand while swinging his claymore in blade circles in Form 3 while headbutting the assailant in front of him while making cute eyes at the cat.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:10:31 AM by The Khan »

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 12:44:42 AM »
Ser Graves fails at everything except making cute eyes at the cat. The cat responds with nonchalance. Despite this he does manage to break his way out of the wooden cart, giving him freedom to move about, however the manacles are still attached to his wrists and ankles.

Before the Abbot can respond, Edgar steps up to the Orc, spits on the ground and says "This creature has been accused and found guilty of the crimes of: Intimidation of members of the Merchant Guild, Banditry and," There is a noticable pause "Lollygagging".

While in conversation Hadrada didn't notice the Abbot drag off the body, although the Abbey doors are still open with no sign of it being dragged through there.

Faolan creeps around the side of the building, trying to keep hidden. He hears voices coming through a door about eight feet in front of him "What's he waiting for?" says one, "I don't know but we need to leave, and fast" says another. The creaking of wooden floorboards indicates that there are at least 3 people inside. Faolan notices a piece of paper on the ground just outside the door where the voices are coming from.

Eustathios taps the nearest man to him, the unexpected presence of a Minotaur startles the man and he draws a cutlass. "Good day, gentlemen. Everyone having fun here?"
The men are baffled but regain their composure "The bounty was for a different Minotaur, but I'm sure they won't know the difference. One more to bloody our swords, boys!"

Elarta throws the basket at the leftmost assailant but unfortunately it just goes skyhigh, he then follows it up with a fireball and streaks of vegetables still alight rain down upon the attackers, causing them to seek cover behind the stalls. The townsfolk will have seen this makeshift flare and will either be alerting the guards or on their way over to see what's going on.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 06:45:13 AM »
Enraged by the puny weakling spitting at my feet I roar in his face, "Lollygagging, you can't execute a living, thinking animal for lollygagging, what does that even mean? Intimidation can't be a crime because otherwise I should be executed right here and now and do you want to try that?"

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
I creep over to the piece of paper, read it then pocket it, it could be useful. While listening to the voices I look up to see if there is a window or something to look through, and if there is, whether or not it's possible for me to reach it, which shouldn't be too hard. My shortness may be a problem but my nimbleness makes up for it.

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 09:38:47 AM »
I appear to be in danger. This is problematic. Solution: Pick up man 1, throw at man 2. If I can't literally pick up man 1 (I'm not sure how big minotaurs are supposed to be compared to humans here), headbutt him since that's a fairly potent natural weapon I've got atop my cranium.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2014, 10:32:37 AM »
Edgar sneers "I thought you'd never ask, beast" he then thinks about this comment and realises he's just looked pretty foolish as it's not a question sentient beings usually ask and so he had no reason to expect the Orc to. Regardless, he takes a step back and draws a dagger, holding it in a reverse grip.

Faolan finds a barrel to stand on and looks through the dirty, dusty window but can see only blurred outlines. The door on the far side of the room, across from the one Faolan is next to opens awkwardly, catching and scraping on the floor. Two of the inhabitants step out while one starts moving over to the window where Faolan is, although won't be able to see him yet.

Eustathios easily picks up the man. However throwing him is more difficult than the Minotaur imagined and the human crashes down only a couple of feet in front of him with a crunch. He won't be using that sword arm for a while.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

comrade_general

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2014, 11:23:06 AM »
I, Ser Graves, make a dart for the woods.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 11:37:02 AM »
To the prone man: "I'm dreadfully sorry, you appear to have hurt your arm. Do accept my condolences on the loss of your fighting ability, and consider taking up knitting, it's a surprisingly good way to pass the time whilst a broken arm heals."

To the next nearest opponent, smiling brightly: "I'm inclined, speaking as a disinterested scholar, to suggest you run."

Then if the next nearest opponent doesn't run, headbutt him in the face.  ;D

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 01:09:55 PM »
Damned voices, they're always getting me into stuff like this, I think to myself.

I duck a bit so that the person won't be able to see me through the window and listen carefully.

Just go in there already.

We know you want to.

If you want to find out what they were talking about, why not just ask?

I scowl at the voices and their annoying suggestions as I jump down from my barrel, silently landing elegantly. I walk over to the door and rip it open (hopefully) taking the man by surprise and (hopefully) tackle him to the ground.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:17:29 PM by The Khan »

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 01:40:45 PM »
I stare in awe at Eustathios, I sure didn't expect him to help, but can't really complain. I was going to run after my makeshift firestorm, but he's piqued my curiosity, I'll keep an eye on the guy taking cover, I'm sure he can handle that one final guy.

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 09:58:27 PM »
I take one second to process the fact that this man just threatened me before swinging a powerful right hook at his head. I shouldn't need my weapons to incapacitate this weakling anyway.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2014, 06:51:09 AM »
The prone man in front of Eusathios is bleeding profusely from the mouth, you judge that he'll die fairly rapidly. There must be some sort of internal bleeding, you guess that a rib has pierced a lung.

The last man sheathes his weapon and runs out the east gate, which is nearest to the market. The Elf and the Minotaur spend a moment analysing each other, the Elf notices the Minotaur is lightly armed and therefore unlikely to be the usual mercenary. The Minotaur has seen that the Elf is a spellcaster, usually among Elves mages are in positions of importance.

Hadrada hits the man squarely in the jaw which makes a crunching sound, Edgar's head also seems to be at an odd angle. There is another cracking sound as Edgar rotates his head back to face his attacker. Edgar's irises burns with a green flame for a second before returning to their regular dull grey. "Flee, spawn of Vordrak. The master will call you to return to the fold, when the time is right". Edgar picks up the Orc with ease and throws him down the street. Hadrada lands badly and damages his right foot, luckily he is now a fair bit closer to the market, there must be some sort of healer plying their trade here, surely?

Faolan falls off the barrel with one foot remaining inside it as the lid collapses. Barrel in tow he bursts through the door and crashes into the guard, knocking him to the ground. The guard is more than slightly bemused as to why he's just been assaulted by a dwarf with a barrel on his foot but has little time to ponder it as he starts trying to defend himself against this mighty, if diminutive, humanoid.

Ser Graves slinks off to the woods, south of town. There is a chill in the air but silence among the trees. Nightfall isn't too far off, you judge four hours at most.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 07:55:06 AM »
I take my foot out of the barrel, stand up and use whatever is closest as a weapon, hopefully something long, hard and blunt. If there is nothing useful I wield one of my two daggers.