Author Topic: Clash of Exilians- RTD game- Game Thread  (Read 21616 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Clash of Exilians- RTD game- Game Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2014, 11:24:52 PM »
My friends - my dear friends, hear me. The Greeks know all about tyranny, and about struggle. Our word is stasis - the struggle between the many for their rights and the few for their wealth. The Romans are the few, the aristoi of a new Empire. The Syracusans were the great demos of the west once, struggling with Carthage for control of our island. Where are we now? Who are we now? Scattered and broken in the wind, grains of sand floating on the air. And the cities that once stood as our rivals, friends, enemies, brothers, sons - gone too. Dust in the wind, Athens, dust in the wind, Sparta, dust in the wind, all the tribes of the world that would stand on their feet and know the power of their citizens to rule.

But listen - it will not always be thus.

Even as a speck of dust or dirt blows through the air, or flows down a river, it still exists, can still knock into a rock or settle on a man's face. What of ten specks? What of a hundred? A thousand? Ten thousand? Wearing away, bit by bit, the demos is still there. The people, man by man, of Greece and Sicily and North Africa and all the lands that were once free.

That is my dream, my quest, my cause, my being. I have been bloodied for it, beaten for it, tortured for it with knives and clubs and whips. But still, here I stand. And I can do no other.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2014, 06:45:30 PM »
I lay down on the grass and take a deep breath of the fresh country air. The familiar scents of manure and pollen takes my mind back to the lands of the Sapaei, my homeland. When the Romans came they were welcomed with open arms by our leaders but not all among us where as happy with their occupation. We cast down our tools to pick up weapons and resist our new 'allies' in any way we could. We set ambushes and disrupted their supply chains for many long months but we got too complacent, one dark night we were set up in an ambush and as we charged towards the baggage train another roar rose from the woods around us and the bastard Romans caught us in their trap. I was enslaved and sold off to the arena and here I am today.

(abridged as I cba to type it all out again)

Lenin Cat

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Unit Pack Oberhaul- pending
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2014, 05:05:06 PM »
The Khan
Healing comrade_general: [6] The Beefman is completely healed and ready to swing his longsword.

You slept well (even if Angus tried to sneakily use you for his hidden pleasures) now as the sun rose back you seek a way out of Italy.

Unfortunately, as you walk on the yellow-bricks road, a huge gladiator dashes in front of you.

The Valley

Jubal-21 HP
The Khan-20 HP
CG-20 HP
Tom-20 HP

Humongous the Fat Guy-100 HP

You can not haz cheezeburger until all cats can haz cheezeburger.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2014, 05:20:26 PM »
I make a snide remark about his weight, whilst running behind the Beefman.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2014, 06:37:15 PM »
I net him to try and slow him down and trap him. And then I try to stab him with my Trident.

comrade_general

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2014, 08:15:00 PM »
I go berserk. :P

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2014, 09:41:11 PM »
I ask his name.........
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2014, 05:19:20 PM »
But Khan, he has hit points that we must remove, no time for talking :(

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2014, 09:40:10 PM »
I suppose so. But maybe he just need help. It's not like he started attacking us. But OK. I attack with double katana awesomeness!
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.