Author Topic: Plan going Forward  (Read 2072 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Plan going Forward
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:41:35 AM »
I should really be trying to sleep, but I feel guilty of not contributing lately. It seems as if RedFox has done everything this past week or so.

I'm gonna start getting at it again, and I have a clear idea now of how I think things should progress.

1) Units: No matter who ends up making units for us, it will take them a long time to finish everything for a release. So I am going to just continue adding units the way I was. I'll start adding the Greek units soon. 1.0 will feature the older looking units, but that's okay, I think it will do fine. All I care is that eventually we have newer looking units some time, but I'm willing to settle for what we have at our disposal. Hopefully TOG or whoever else comes along can end up staying with us while producing quality work!

2) Graphics: In the future I'd like to see how we can enhance the graphics. RedFox mentioned shaders etc. If we want to get peoples attention away from R2, we will need better looking graphics than what is currently offered. I'm sure it could be done, but it is not a focus right now.

3) Map: Herehe is still working on the map, he's confirmed this with me. However this is another aspect that we should not be concerned about too much. Instead for 1.0 let's focus on RTH's map.

4) Progress: Basically all we have done lately is talk and brainstorm. That is good, but we also need to progress the mod. Now we couldn't with all the changes, but now that we have tested RedFox's launcher and it seems like everything is put in place, we need to start moving forward.

5) 1.0: Before we can move forward we all need to have a clear idea of what 1.0 will feature:
-New Faction List
-Total Revamp of Unit Rosters
-AoR System with AoR Units
-New Buildings such as Mercenary Center and River Port
-Better Economy

5a) Faction List: It's complete guys but we will need to do testing to make sure there is balance

5b) Unit Rosters: I'm going to try to get as many units as I can in, but I need help with alpha channels and coding in the mercenary trick.

5c) AoR: I'm going to be drafting an AoR pool set very soon

5d) Buildings: Let's not go overboard with these. Just essential buildings that will improve the gameplay for now.

5e) Economy: Once everything is set up we can alter the economy a bit to make it harder for players to blitz and do whatever they want

5f) Miscellaneous: 4tpy, maybe a garrison script, reform scripts, historical battle of cannae, AEE's trees, new UI, menu. Just little stuff that we come across and have time to put in.

That's all I want to put on our plate for now. Traits/Ancillaries, Culture System, Loyalty, Government, Advanced Economy, and other stuff can wait until 1.5

Guys, 1.0 is going to be tough because it's not going to be a whole lot of fun adding in unit after unit and balancing their stats, writing their descriptions, setting up recruitment, and making their Unit Cards. However if we really work as a team, we can do this quickly and efficiently.

So now some assignments:

Myself: Search for and add in unit models/textures as well as DMB/EDU entries; Sort out DMB and EDU; Create AoR system; Look for full time unit maker/artist. A little of everything else

Mausolos: Unit/Faction Descriptions (I hope your buddies are available for the barbarian factions soon)

Bercor: Unit Cards; Menu; UI; Loading Screens

Alavaria: Economy

RedFox: Any scripts needed; Buildings; Recruitment systems for units and AoR (Levels etc)

Everyone else needs to comment below on what they can do to pitch in. Testing will be needed, if I didn't mention you and you want to offer your service, please let me know.

Let's get at it!

I will be gone all day tomorrow at work, so I will begin my part on Wednesday.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Plan going Forward
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 03:11:57 PM »
Lob any preview stuff at me if you want use of the Exilian publicity machine :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 04:20:21 PM »
Sounds good  :) I already posted some organisational stuff in the faction description section.

I do hope the same, cold_mac is probably out, though, since he told me he lacked the time for this mod. Another question, have we found someone for city models yet or is it still being planned (for a later release, too)? I've found some wonderful models of hellenistic Athens last night, and obviously it's quite easy to get access to plan and 3D- models of Rome, Carthage & Pergamon as well as plans for most bigger cities (I could deliver those, too).
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

Ballacraine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »
I think it is important to have a vision of where we would like to take this project.

Re-iteration of what has gone before is not going to win over many fans, there has to be a goal to work towards.

Is it going to be a refined version of one of the earlier projects or is it to have a fresh setting?

What is the preferred start date & duration?

How many TPY?

There are many more questions to be asked and answered, but that might provoke some debate?

Balla.  :)