Author Topic: Star Wars Gold Squadron  (Read 6170 times)

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Star Wars Gold Squadron
« on: January 04, 2009, 08:24:39 PM »
Well, i made this like 2 years ago for SWGBHG and it was met with some pretty good success, thought i might as well post it here, so here goes:

(BTW, is it possible to get a center fonction at Exilian, and maybe a whisper fonction? PS, HTML doesnt seem to be working...)

By Private Clark & Appo 117

This game is a scrolling shooter game were you control a prototype X-wing and must take on the hordes of Imperial Tie Fighters to survive. The player starts with 3 lives and one blaster capability, but as you get farther, the number of missiles you will be able to shoot will change. Starting with one blaster capability, at 400 points, the starship now shoots 2 lasers and at 1000 it shoots 3!There is a Proton Torpedo, courtesy of Appo 117, it homes in on the enemy ships and gives bonus points for every kill. Every time the player dies, your proton torpedo are replenished, also, at times, a green rebel insignia will appear, if you grab it (Bring your Ship over it) it will give you one extra Proton Torpedo. Harness the power of Gold Leader and his squadron to claim he day and bring an end to the Imperial Dictatorship!

Critical Acclaim
"Wow!, great job Clark!"
-Javik

"Awesome! Great Idea, great Job, I hope you will make more!"
-Scorch062

"Good Job! You used GameMaker right?"
-Metallica Freak

"Cool Stuff"
-Stormtrooper88

"Awesome, Death Star trench run > All"
-Drayson

"This is the type of game experienced, payed, game designers sell to arcades. This version I would consider perfect. My siblings also found it very fun. This game rocked! I really liked the new missile targeting thing, how did you do that? I also liked everything else, the training droid, the trees exploding, it was excellent! You should submit it to a game contest!"
-Jangos Legacy

Controls
are in game...

Credits
Based on game by Mark Overmars
Adapted & Programmed by Private Clark
Programming Help: Appo 117
Bitmap & Installation Help: $Disasterpiece
Death Star Level Background: Scorch 062
Beta Testers:

Appo 117
Scorch 062
Javik

Download Center
Stand Alone Installation:  
Editable Gm6 Files:Other Utilities:Anyways, i dont have anymore of the files so i won't be providing any technical support if there are bugs, there was also a screenshot section but all the links are broken so...enjoy :D                                                       Oh, and 4.1 is the latest version, SWGS2 was never completed due to Appo and Jangos Legacy losing interest and joining a different game team...he he.

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Star Wars Gold Squadron
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 08:45:24 PM »
Crap, it turns out all the links are dead...

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Star Wars Gold Squadron
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 08:46:32 PM »
dum de dum...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Star Wars Gold Squadron
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 09:39:51 PM »
Well, hopefully you'll find it again soon... ;)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Star Wars Gold Squadron
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 11:34:33 PM »
Contrary to what the links say, it wasnt in violation of TOS, 2 years ago you didnt need an account and seeing as its been a long time i bet they deleted them because of this... Il talk to some friends who had the latest version and hopefully get a copy :)

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
Star Wars Gold Squadron
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 10:58:48 PM »
Any luck finding this?

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Star Wars Gold Squadron
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 05:04:07 AM »
for a second when i saw this topic i was like omg i have to play this game again but sadly i dont have it anymore...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Star Wars Gold Squadron
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 10:46:59 AM »
Oh... What happened ?
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Star Wars Gold Squadron
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 07:30:43 PM »
oh its jsut a really old game from like 2006 i made and since the website deleted the files i dont have it anymore.