Author Topic: Pro Gloria plastic Landsknechte  (Read 5713 times)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Pro Gloria plastic Landsknechte
« on: August 05, 2014, 12:15:50 AM »
Pro Gloria is in the process of making multi-part plastic Landsknechte box.
Judging by the looks it will work well both with historical tabletop games or as an alternative for WHF Empire state troopers.
The sculptor is Michael Anderson (Great Swords, Island of Blood, and some other GW models).

Well guys here are some three ups:

A word on contents of the set for the company:

Thank you guys!

@Silver Wolf: I can't give any detail about the price (but in the region between 16€ - 20€). But I can tell you something about the content of the box :)
It will include 24 miniatures. 2 x 10-men frame plus 2 x 2-men command frame. In the rank and file frame you will have options to 20 - 30 different heads, including soem spare hats and feathers. There will be arm pairs for front and second rank pikes. if all goes well (this means, that there is enough spare room n the frame!) there will be options for all soldiers on swords and bucklers, spears and maybe some single great swords for first ranks.
The command frame will include one full Maximilian Style armour and one half-armour. Options beside standard bearers and different instruments for musicians will be given as well as options on maces, warhammers, axes, swords and great swords. Also some single arms for command poses and pointing etc.

In the set will be a rather small leaflet (around 20 pages) full of historical background, assembling guides and painting guides. On a single sheet made of light paper, there will be some flags (around 4 - 8 different ones for germans, swiss, french and italians).

No bases will be included as I find that most gamers do bin their bases or do not use them at all. So I can leave them away and keep the price a bit down in that way.

This is their Facebook page if you're interested: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Gloria-Miniatures/295957277188332?fref=ts

"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Pro Gloria plastic Landsknechte
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:12:21 PM »
More info.

The ratio on the main frame will be: 5 unarmoured, 4 with front plate torso armour and 1 with a vest (4th Landsknecht already featured). I will have the 2 men command frame available seperately for sure because I just like the idea of it :)
The next sets will be plastic Doppelsöldner (Empire greatswords *cough*) including options for greatswords, halberds etc. After there will be skirmisher or line shooting infantry with options on arkebuse, crossbows and maybe bows. Short after some plastic commanders if all goes well and the Kickstarter/indiegogo campaign will be successfull.

The gendarms are again kicked off the screen. I had three sculptors for the riders and all jumped off or did not please me so that  I would release the miniatures. I think they will quite take their time and maybe the plastic ones will be released earlier 
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 07:49:50 PM »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 08:01:04 PM »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 08:29:51 PM »
Those do look pretty, I must admit.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 08:38:17 PM »
Well, he sure picked the right guy to sculpt them.
They look like improved versions of 6th edition state troops. And that is awesome.
Since the same guy sculpted greatswords, these guys will tie pefectly with the rest of my army.

And this is really great since I'm lacking 18 spearmen and a few greatswords (the half-plate command bodies will take care of that). :D
After that I'll only need 3 knights and 10 handgunners to finish my Empire army.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 10:57:29 PM »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 11:15:14 AM »
So in case anyone was wondering, the Kickstarter funding campaign failed.
However, the whole company was taken over by Warlord games, and the plastic landsknechte will probably be released.

Hi all together,

I thought it is time to tell all of you supporters and donaters of the campaign what is going on behind the scenes of Pro Gloria Miniatures.

You are probably wondering why there are no big updates on this campaign to make the actual product work and going in productions. There are several reasons but the most important is because of a change of my personal life with my full-time job. It takes away too much time and leaves almost none for Pro Gloria Miniatures. Plastic Landsknecht definitely need time and they surely deserve it!

I wanted to see how the campaign works out but with several other hobby-life and real-life hits I came to the conclusion to seek for someone to take over the company. And I found someone. As this is an un-official post I can't tell you who it is, but you will hear from them very soon.

All I can tell you now is that the company is in best hands and that the plastic Landsknechts as well as the metal miniatures will be produced and none of the to-be-released-miniature will be lost. I will still design the range for the other company but all the part of business will be shift over to them.

I do understand every disapoitned funder here on indiegogo for the lack of communication and I want to apologise once again. Please understand my steps! smile emoticon

Hobbywise, there won't be a big chance for Pro Gloria. There will be plastics, there will be more metals, there will be other new releases. It's just a new head.

The campaign on indiegog will fail once the 14th of Decembre is over and every pledger will immediately receive his donation in full amount back.

All the very best and have a nice week-end,

Stephan

Hi all!

As you may already know, Warlord Games did take over the entire Pro Gloria Miniatures range!
They will have all the metal (released and the extra miniatures from indiegogo) as well as the upcoming plastic miniatures in their range in the future, plus all our current flags.

The indiegogo campaign will no longer be supported by me and it will automatically fail on the 14th of Decembre. Please notice that every funder will get his money 100% refunded on the 14th of Decembre, once the campaign is over.

Please do NOT pledge money any longer to the campaign as Warlord Games do only take over the range but not the campaign at all!
They will release the plastic miniatures without the need of a crowdfunder campaign but in their usual way..

I am very happy for the time I spent as a part of Pro Gloria and I enjoyed every moment of it. Time was short for me and so I decided to give away the company in a good mood. Please see the official statement here: http://www.warlordgames.com/warlord-games-purchases-pro-gl…/

Thank you guys for the good time and please go on and support Warlord Games as good as you supported me!

Cheers!
Stephan signing out.

Also, more pictures which I forgot to post...