Author Topic: Banished  (Read 2051 times)

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Banished
« on: January 03, 2015, 01:55:20 PM »
Anyone else play this?

I feel like it's the game I've always wanted (especially as I prefer to win by capturing relics/Wonder on AoE) and it feels less restrictive than Anno. Also you don't have to trade :D

(Sorry if this thread already exists somewhere :P )

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Banished
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »
I looked into it then wasn't sure it was worth £15, I still might pick it up next time it goes on sale. But I did love this review by Kaolin Maia Cash:

"After everyone else in my city starved to death, only Nesto was left. I followed him for several more years as he lived off what others had left behind; moving from house to house to find food and firewood. Nesto spent half his entire life completely alone in a post-apocalyptic city, finally succumbing to the cold one late winter day at the age of 60. When Nesto died, the overall happiness of the city increased. This is the best game I have ever played."
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:44:48 PM »
Can has link?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 05:29:54 PM »
Game website: http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/game/

Unless you meant to the review, then sorry :P

It worries me that for some reason, someone in the town decided it was a great idea to change the 20-something year old teacher with a 77 year old one - after having one teacher die and ending up with about 12 uneducated labourers, I ended up watching the school intently. o.O

I got it in the sale for £7.50, but I think it's totally worth the full price.