Author Topic: Your top *insert number here* games  (Read 2030 times)

SaidaiSloth

• King of the sloths
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Your top *insert number here* games
« on: September 27, 2014, 05:05:45 AM »
Thought I'd make a thread for you to post your top 5, 10, or whatever games, whether in order or no particular order.

I'm letting my brain do automatic ordering by whichever ones I think of first.

Mirror's Edge
Amazing. The feel of flow and speed is so damn good, leaping through the city, whether doing it how the game was meant to be played or using speedrunning techniques.
It is true that the combat, although looks cool breaks the flow and is absolute arse, it's made up for by the spectacular parkour aspect.

Battlefield 2: Project Reality Mod
I never thought I'd like a "realistic" mod. It makes the ballistic physics far more realistic, adds more maps and factions, more guns, makes the sound effects less like a kids toy, enemies actually react when they get hit, and you can't jump from 10 feet with an assault rifle, pistol, battle armour, and 2 - 4 grenades and just keep on strolling.

But god dammit it is so fun. It feels satisfying when you get a kill, whether you sneak up behind and stab your enemy in the back of the head, or throwing a smoke grenade then running in for the kill.
The game can be a bitch when it decides the AI are going to stand in the middle of the road and point their gun at the ground, utterly oblivious to the action around them, you can forgive it with the awesome gameplay and the fact that's it's made by a fairly small modding team.

Burnout Paradise
 OH GOD THE SPEED. OH GOD THE CRASHES.
SO portugaling AWESOME.

ADORABLENESS WARNING
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Your top *insert number here* games
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 08:16:43 AM »
Gears of War. Chainsaws on the end of rifles. Nuff said. Spawned a genre of 3rd person shooters. For this we can be ever grateful.

Might and magic VIII. IMO best game ever. Ever. Nothing about it other than great, properly open ended sandbox squad RPG.

Fallout Tactics. Too much strategy and RPG for one game to handle. There have been no squad games of equal value since.

Empire Total War. Sooo freakin awesome.

Payday2. Best co-op gameplay around at the moment. Bar none. Just so much damn fun either shooting your way through a heist or stealthing it.

Age of Empires 2: Conquerors. Epitome of RTS base building strategy.

Warcraft 2: My first game and still a great play even now.

Farcry3 Blood Dragon. So much 80's awesomeness contained in one psychedelic pink package. Cyborg commando fighting cyborg dragons, sharks, dogs, other cyborgs. Sergeant Rex Power Colt is ready to feed you your own entrails, but not before asking his girlfriend if it makes him less human. Should probably write a review for this one actually.

EDIT: Omg how did I forget. Freedom Force, a game with so much cheese it becomes a fondue at one point. With lines such as 'Good gravy!' 'Stars and bars!' 'Jeepers!' it has become a cult classic. Gameplay is absolutely solid though, great tactical squad RPG which helps.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:44:21 PM by Colossus »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

comrade_general

Re: Your top *insert number here* games
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 11:29:58 AM »
Star Fox (first game ever bought 21 years ago, still can't beat it)
DKC1 and 2
Goldeneye
Mario Kart 64
RTW