Author Topic: What have you been eating?  (Read 90377 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What have you been eating?
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2015, 11:58:06 AM »
Went to the pub with some Tolkien people yesterday. Nice to have better food than I can cook for once! Though it wasn't cheap, alas.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2015, 09:46:52 PM »
Really, any crumbly biscuit that turns "cakey" when wet would work.
Hmm... I will see what I can find. I might also need some experimental subjects volunteer tasters to try the result on: I fear eating a whole ripple cake myself, appealing as it might be, would give me a cholesterol overload :(

Really I'm not sure why Arnotts haven't extended over there, I feel like Ripple biscuits and tim tams would be big hits in other countries.
They probably would, but we have our own well-established biscuit companies, selling broadly similar products to a pretty much saturated market. It's very difficult to break into a new market in a country thousands of miles away; even within the European Union, I don't think there's very much trade in things like biscuits across national borders.

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2016, 08:53:59 PM »
Really into making soups at the moment - our latest one was carrot, parsnip and swede.  :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2016, 09:11:06 PM »
Yesterday I made crumpet pizzas - basically take crumpet, take a creamy blue cheese (Gorgonzola usually, I used Sant Agut and that worked fine), and walnut pieces, put cheese on crumpet, top with walnut, put in oven for a bit. Very nice and very simple meal :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2016, 09:29:59 PM »
Been living on cabbage/vegetable/bit of beef stews and skillet burrito.

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2016, 01:45:29 AM »
Sometimes when I need a break from game dev, I whip up my Polish cooking skills...

Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2016, 07:59:38 AM »
Wow, that all looks very tasty. What are they all?

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2016, 08:05:59 AM »
Taters, fried beets and ground pork cutlets! aka kotlety mielone i buraczki :) Polish goodness
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2016, 01:34:16 PM »
I want to learn to do some more interesting recipes, but rarely seem to get time :(

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2016, 07:16:08 PM »
My parents bought us some stroopwafels back from The Netherlands (They were actually away in Rome but they had a flight transfer there) and they are delicious!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2016, 07:26:28 PM »
I'm going to have a second attempt at crumpet pizzas and hopefully do it better this time!

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2016, 02:01:29 AM »
So how did the pizza go?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2016, 10:56:13 AM »
Well! I didn't get photos though sadly :(

I need to photograph/film some of the recipes I've tried recently, I've been doing some Georgian cooking which is really nice (though it's also liable to bankrupt me because walnuts are basically in everything and they're quite costly in the UK :/ )

Any interesting food news from the Koob? :)

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2016, 04:03:25 PM »
I've not generally been eating a lot because I need to cut weight but then last night I misjudged how much rum is in a small bottle of rum and I ended up eating a pizza and some things that came with the pizza which IIRC were potato wedges and I think I ate some birthday cake too. Weight cut may not go so well. Also none of those things were veganish. Ahh well.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2016, 04:04:27 PM »
Pentagathus - ever the answer to the question "why is the rum gone?" :P