Author Topic: What have you been eating?  (Read 88535 times)

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What have you been eating?
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2015, 07:07:44 PM »
How do you know someone is vegetarian?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You mean of course that we are all considerate and pragmatic enough to let our hosts know we have particular dietary requirements?
It was pretty recent joobs, just stopped eating dead animals when I moved back up to the frozen north. Still got no problem eating roadkill or game though so I'll probably stuff my face with carcass around Christmas.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2015, 07:17:39 PM »
I should probably eat less meat, but then there are lots of things I should probably do.

In other news, it's pasta time.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2015, 05:48:29 AM »
@jubal - im with you, couldn't eat the whole thing on one go. Well, i could, but not without feeling absolutely horrible after :p

And i dunno about polish. Unless you really want to live in Poland there isn't much use for it, and it's a pretty hard language. We conjugate nouns... in 7 different ways hehe

@Comrade - yup you got it :)
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2015, 11:44:10 AM »
Aye - there are other things higher on my language list which I want for research. Those sadly include Georgian which is famously absolute hell to learn :/
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2015, 10:57:25 PM »
Lots of egg fried rice (with lots of veg). Good job I like it since I made so much it's nearly all I'll be eating tomorrow.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2015, 12:18:37 AM »
I ate sausages. Then too much shortbread.

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2015, 03:52:57 AM »
@Pentagathus - ha I eat stir fries probably like 5 days a week, it's the perfect meal (quick, easy, cheap, and with good variety). Tho I tend towards meat/tofu/fish and like to mix my "carb" too (rice, pearl barley, noodles etc.)
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2015, 11:03:47 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of stir fries for some reason. I should eat more rice though, rice is good. I tend to do pasta excessively.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2015, 03:05:29 PM »
Rice is overrated, stir fries are indeed the dogs bollocks. Bought some tofu earlier so I might well have a stir fry for tea, but I also bought stuff to make falafel so I might do that instead. Exciting times.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2015, 09:40:45 PM »
Rice + prawns + chorizo + green pepper + Doctor Who equates to a good end to an evening :)

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2015, 10:53:07 PM »
Rice + prawns + chorizo + green pepper + Doctor Who ...
And what does Time Lord taste like, pray tell? Are they better roasted or boiled? :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2015, 11:39:34 PM »
This was Peter Davison, so probably lightly fried in butter and garnished with celery :p

(Though the pedant in me is screaming that Doctor Who is the name of the show rather than the character, so that either implies a much wider diversity of fare than a Time Lord - and no shortage of salt and pepper shakers - or a lot of crunching old BBC tape reels...)

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2015, 04:44:23 AM »
Bought some tofu earlier so I might well have a stir fry for tea, but I also bought stuff to make falafel so I might do that instead. Exciting times.

Keep us posted, we await in anticipation....  :o

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2015, 05:20:29 AM »
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2015, 12:01:27 PM »
Well, that explains a lot.