Author Topic: Exercise  (Read 7149 times)

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Exercise
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 09:07:03 PM »
Don't exercise people, it hurts.

Sadly it does, I've buggered up something in my left leg these past few years, usually it's okay but if I don't stretch down properly it flares up. We've got a competition/demonstration coming up in December so I need to keep up to scratch for that! And I want to be at my best for when I have to move clubs when I go down to Norwich for (hopefully) the next few years!

comrade_general

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 09:23:47 PM »
Okay, how did you bugger up leg? What is this competition/demonstration about? What are clubs and how do you move them? :)

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 09:38:57 PM »
Not sure really, it developed this problem a couple of years back, sometimes it just locks up for no good reason, it usually passes after a day or so though so no biggie. Taekwon-do stuff, we've got a small inter-club competition happening in December where some of us senior grades are going to do some demonstration stuff rather than competing with each other because there's only about 5 of us. Clubs are just different groups, I think they're part of the same big family so it should be fairly simple to move but with our lot you never know, splits within splits within splits.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 09:56:42 PM »
I've done Taekwon-do in the past.

For about two years. ;D
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

comrade_general

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 11:59:17 PM »
I did it for about two days. :P

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 01:17:17 AM »
I'm on 12 years now, time sure does fly!

comrade_general

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 03:11:22 AM »
I started doing some landscaping work just last week and I'm surprised at how much I've bulked up already. :o

SaidaiSloth

• King of the sloths
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 03:35:10 AM »
Back in my early teen years genes were very kind to me. I stuffed my face with junk everyday and I only did sport when I had to at school, yet I grew fast enough to never get that fat. When that wore off when I was ~15 I stated doing actual exercise, and I've mostly managed to keep doing enough since then.
ADORABLENESS WARNING
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 12:39:50 AM »
I thought it might be jogging with or in yoghurt, but this is so much better! :D

Jogging IN yoghurt would significantly up the resistance, so it'd probably be a better workout.

Mostly I'm just doing a yoga/Pilates mix at the moment, to work on upper body strength - solely for the purposes of shooting straighter. Yay for having goals, I guess.
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 12:08:00 PM »
I do very little exercise :( I do bits on my own when I can, but recently I've just not done any from being unwell.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...