Author Topic: UK Elections 2015  (Read 32509 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: UK Elections 2015
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2015, 01:17:44 PM »
New Scots polls are out. More grim reading for everyone who isn't the SNP.

The LDs are set to potentially lose Charles Kennedy's ultra-safe seat of Ross, Skye, and Lochaber, and could drop to third in their seat of West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine. The news is if anything even worse for Labour, with Kircaldy and Cowdenbeath apparently going to be lost to them (Gordon Brown's old seat). The Tories are on a knife edge in their only remaining Scots seat, and Jim Murphy, the Labour leader in Scotland, looks set to hold on to his East Renfrewshire seat by a mere 1% of the vote.

:(
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 02:28:31 PM »
Ha Miliband got caught porking the wrong person. Can not see that going well for him at all. Labour might get a new leader though which couldn't hurt them.

EDIT: Also F Scotland. Wish they had their independence, would have been so much better for us.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 03:35:01 PM »
Link?

In other news, it looks like Captain Fluffbeard AKA Julian Huppert MP will hold on to Cambridge for the Lib Dems, though it still looks like Clegg might well lose his seat. Labour seem to be nudging ahead of the Tories again, despite totally failing at the whole Scotland thing. Nobody yet appears to have noticed that, having confirmed they won't vote with the Tories, the SNP won't have any leverage with Labour if Labour are the largest party (because they can then never vote with the Tories to bring Labour down, so Labour can just tell them to shut up and play ball and they don't have many options).
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2015, 03:51:00 PM »
I just saw it on fb, it'll be buried by now.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 04:49:35 PM »
OK, I've checked the story, which was (predictably) in the Mail. Actually there was no impropriety alleged at all: the Mail were "exposing" the fact that he'd met his wife initially at a party hosted by his then-girlfriend. And then a while later when he was single again they got together. And he'd dated other people before that too.

I don't think this will make a lot of difference to the election campaign.  :P

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 05:36:09 PM »
There seems to be a lot of furore about this, I've since read the paper and it was there too.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-32234567

Good job my grandma never ran for office then, she fed us portugal loads of sausage rolls.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 08:54:30 PM »
There does, but I've not seen any report of anything which ought to cause furore, and most of the vaguely respectable press sources seem to have passed over it as a non-story.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2015, 12:30:54 PM »
Welp that was wholly disappointing. Story may as well have read: Ed had sex. Where are the days of hookers and nazi themed orgies? After long thought I've also concluded that British politics is rubbish.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2015, 02:56:58 PM »
My biggest political bugbear is people using the words "they're all the same". It really annoys me. Coupling this with accusing me of being basically Hitler for voting Liberal which is apparently exactly the same thing as voting Tory is a good way to really, really get to me (in case you guys ever want pissed off Jubal to happen).

This has happened.

I am not happy.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2015, 03:23:20 PM »
Why are you Hitler?

comrade_general

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2015, 03:43:52 PM »
Dunno. Hitler I guess must've been a well known supporter of digital rights, improved mental health provision, evidence based policy, European collaboration, and rehabilitative justice. :P

Anyway, in relevant news for the Exilian, the Lib Dems have pledged a digital rights bill in their manifesto - it should give better legal protection to people signing up for things online, and impose stricter sentences on illegally selling private information, as well as obliging the government to protect press freedom online. Not that they'll likely be in a position to implement it...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32264843

comrade_general

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2015, 04:28:41 PM »
impose stricter sentences on illegally selling private information
We're boned.
Not that they'll likely be in a position to implement it...
Oh. :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2015, 11:42:47 PM »
In the best piece of election news so far, a Polish aristocrat has challenged Nigel Farage to a duel with swords over immigration.  :P