Author Topic: Hey there!  (Read 1116 times)

Cosmic Void

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hey there!
« on: January 21, 2024, 09:07:05 PM »
Hey everyone!

My name's Cosmic Void and I make adventure games with pixel-art graphics, mostly point and clicks, but also some text parsers.

My upcoming game is Twilight Oracle, a comedy point and click adventure.

Some of my favorite adventure games include Space Quest II, Sam & Max Hit the Road, The 7th Guest, Sanitarium, Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, and Little Misfortune, just to name a few.

Spritelady

• Tribounos
    Site Magistrate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hey there!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 09:20:42 PM »
Hello, and welcome! Great to have you here 😊

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 09:22:14 PM »
Welcome, welcome!

I love old style adventure games, I've made a couple of parser games myself in Python, a Doctor Who fan-game called LIFE and a game set in the medieval fens called Fenlander most notably. I also absolutely love the Space Quest series, I only ever played 1-3 but I think they're fantastic (and definitely influenced the parser games I've made). I should really play more things from that era, I played a few of the early King's Quest games but they don't have quite the same humour that makes SQ really work well. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Oh, and more with my admin hat on: do make yourself at home, you're welcome to explore anywhere in the forum, if you'd like any pointers on what's where or how anything works then just shout here, by PM, or in the Questions & Suggestions section :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cosmic Void

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 09:50:15 PM »
Thanks guys!

Nice to meet a fella Space Quest fan. :)

Oh, and I'll definitely look up the games you mentioned!

psyanojim

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 02:59:20 PM »
Hey everyone!

My name's Cosmic Void and I make adventure games with pixel-art graphics, mostly point and clicks, but also some text parsers.

Some of my favorite adventure games include Space Quest II, Sam & Max Hit the Road, The 7th Guest, Sanitarium, Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, and Little Misfortune, just to name a few.
Yep, I also loved adventure games of that era.

Space Quest 3 was my favourite from that series, and I played the hell out of Leisure Suit Larry. Also loved the Police/Kings Quest series, and all the other late 80's-early 90's smorgasbord of adventure games, from Rex Nebular to Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle to BioForge etc.

I think the pinnacle for me was Grim Fandango. Damn, that was a game.

LillieBlue

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2024, 08:08:49 PM »
Hey everyone!

Yep, I also loved adventure games of that era.

Space Quest 3 was my favourite from that series, and I played the hell out of Leisure Suit Larry. Also loved the Police/Kings Quest series, and all the other late 80's-early 90's smorgasbord of adventure games, from Rex Nebular to Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle to BioForge etc.

I think the pinnacle for me was Grim Fandango. Damn, that was a game.

Yeah you are right. Space Quest 3 was the best graphic adventure game.