Author Topic: Demo coming soon  (Read 13676 times)

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Demo coming soon
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 06:58:38 PM »
Sorry for double posting, but the demo is out, I'm gonna start downloading.

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Demo coming soon
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 04:22:42 AM »
:), something is screwing up with my computer and i only get a black screen with the ETW cursor, otherwise i can still here the sound in the background, its very infuriating.

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Demo coming soon
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 08:04:34 AM »
At least you've downloaded it, my poor connection will probably be struggling with it the whole day.

CN2

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • *..Vacui Paraiso..*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Demo coming soon
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 02:45:16 PM »
It just did nothing for me, absolutely nothing. But according to the laws of physics, nothing cannot happen. So I have broken the laws of physics yet again.
CN2's song of the week - Heavy glow - Hot mess

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Demo coming soon
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 04:30:30 PM »
I've just played all of the battles, there are 2 tutorials and 2 real battles. Two of them are land, and two of them are sea. The land battles are more realistic then in the previous games, now covering behind buildings and wood really means something. And the amount of strategy that can be made in the sea is simply overwhelming. To me, it looks almost identical to Sid Meier's Pirates, except it's with large scale battles. Everything is there, from adjusting sails, types cannon balls, and steering the ships. It's a bit difficult to do it with many ships at first, but after playing it for the second time, you already get used to it. As for the land battle, I'm quite satisfied with the strategy, and graphics. On my 2.8 dual core, 9600 GT, 2 gig RAM machine I didn't experience any lag even when all the cannons fired at the same time, so if framerate stays like this, I'll have no objections to the real time battles. Now I just need to see the changes made to the campaign.

Andalus

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Demo coming soon
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 04:48:39 PM »
Sounds great! :D I'm sure you're very pleased there's no lag!
Du bist kein Schmetterling! Du bist nur eine kleine Raupe in Verkleidung!

CN2

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • *..Vacui Paraiso..*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Demo coming soon
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 04:49:23 PM »
Sounds good, really good... Can you blow up trees?
CN2's song of the week - Heavy glow - Hot mess

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Demo coming soon
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 05:23:47 PM »
No, but I'm glad it's that way. In the land battle (not the tutorial one) I couldn't have won without the trees. In this battle, you're Britain against USA. There is a river with two crossings, and two enemy armies, one army mainly made of cannons at the first crossing, and another one further behind them. Across the river (at my side) there is a small hill covered with trees. There I sent my cannons, and they drew out the enemy army that was behind (the cannons have great range), while I sent my infantry to deal with the cannon threat to the east. Since my men were hidden in the trees, the enemy army went to eliminate my infantry that had been successfully portugaling up their cannons. While all of this was happening, I sent my cavalry across the other crossing that was further away, and when the enemy arrived to defend their cannons, I attacked them from the left flank, while I pushed my own cannons out of hiding, making it all one big bloody mess.