Author Topic: My Observations/Plans  (Read 9959 times)

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« on: February 10, 2009, 04:22:14 PM »
I didn't want to use the Bugs thread anymore. :)

I found out that alot of villages and Castles need serius help so I have decided to try to fix them. Here is the list so far, I have not checked all the towns/castles/Villages......

Heres my list of Major Changes Needed:
(Sorry If I spell something Wrong!)

Roln
Bernin
Alanoia Castle
Chamice
Uila
Nurina
Garan
Billia
Fort Galani
Churala
Megara
Vothans
Fort Venthera
Valaria
Manan
Tarin
Lidris
Sancellan Castle
Genasta
Gerionar
Chateau Perout
Bhelin
Sarbos
Malith
Nourinth
Aquentan
Venoia
Venasta
Aquiceta
Aquoia
Fort Aquantina
Farnia

Heres Minor Changes,
Lacontia
Culamentia

There are also some castles that need very little fixed but have one major problem, when I click on Lords hall it goes to the Couryard and Vise Versa if anyone knows how to fix that I can get on to fixing them.

I have fixed Karzul Deep.
Kakkan and Dhror are in the process of being built from the ground up.

I will post Screenshots Later.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 04:22:38 PM by xGhost4000x »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 05:21:36 PM »
Do you know how to find the scene object files? If you're going to make fixes it would really help if you could send them to me and I could actually include them in the mod.

Also, please keep with the faction themes too (poor steppe culture for the voroks, renaissance with good buildings for Geroia, 'Roman Fort' Style for the Goriniae Forts, stone buildings for Gorinia...) the list goes on.

Good luck though, it'd be nice to fill in some of the messed-up areas on the map.

Thanks,

Jubal
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:50:40 PM »
Yes, I will be giving you what I have done once I am a reasonable way through. However It would help if you could give me a rundown of how certain factions should look and feel, like the Geroia being Romans Etc. For all the factions. Also If you would like some Villages/Castles to get Special treatment and looks, for example, my rough make of Kakkan is a poor village but with some military attributes, including a Trebuchet with some stone balls, some archery props, and a siege tower setup for training, my train of thought was simple, Kakkan is the Village of Karzul Deep which in my interpretation of that kingdom is the most militaristic of the Towns/Castles, I intend for some Villagers to be training with there Bows and if possible also sparring in the area, I am going on the assumption that Kakkan must pay tribute to Karzul Deep which they pay in Soldiers. If you do not like this idea I will change Kakkan. I will be posting Screens of what I have done later, right now I'm in class.....Business Systems Analyses :(

Please give me your Ideas. And let me know If I am going down the right track with this stuff.

I will go in groups per kingdom, so when I am done with the current kingdom I am working on I will send you the files.

One more question in the screenshots thread Dhror is actually existant, in my game it is empty is this there for everyone else?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:39:53 PM by xGhost4000x »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:31:44 PM »
Dhror was existant in older versions, but is no more...

I'll give a full rundown of the factions for you, inside the limits of a faction's style/themes let your ideas run as wild as you like.

I'm going to bed now, but since you're doing Voroks atm I'll run through thier stuff;

The Voroks are the poorest Kingdom in the game, so they should look really peasantish and run-down in general. I really like the idea of Kakkan having a more militaristic theme, the more individual the villages the better. If you look at the Dhror screenie you'll see it's mostly a buncha huts, and to be honest the Voroks aren't going to have much technology or even stone buildings. Their castles will generally be very tough and build in very defendable positions, and their villages may well have beacons/watchtowers but will mostly involve thatched huts and the acoutrements of a herding lifestyle - the Voroks don't grow crops, they herd mountain cows and goats.

I'll get the rest done soon but if you concentrate on Voroks first that will be a good start.

Thanks,

Jubal
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 03:41:42 PM »
Well, I've completed Karzul Deep, Mostly, I'm fairly certain it will not work in seiges, and there is one guard that spawns outside of the castle.

I've gotten basic setups on Kakkan, Dhror, Qurhakesh, they just have to be touched up to appear more lively....

Here's some pics of Karzul Deep....

Spoiler: click to toggle

Please tell me what you guys think. I just lowered it to the ground and put stair on the walls so that everything was accessible.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 03:39:23 PM »
Good work!

My Observations/Plans
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 02:20:41 PM »
Alright sorry it's been so long. I am almost done with the faction I had started on earlier. I had a few things get in my way that slowed me down.....Finals are today and tomorrow so the last week has been study time. I should have more pics before the weekend and this faction should be done before the weekend is over.

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 02:47:16 PM »
Sorry that was me! ^^^^^^^^^^

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »
Alright, nearly everything is done. The Only problem is that Castle Vorkar has the Lords Hall and the Courtyard switched around. (When you click on Courtyard it goes to Lords Hall and Vice Versa) So I haven't finished that castle. Everything else in that kingdom is done. Some of it could use some touches. I found the scene files but I have no idea which ones go to the villages I did. Any help would be appreciated!

Also sorry for taking so long, too man distractions.......School and Empire Total War! Lol

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 01:02:08 AM »
Hey, bet you didn't think you would ever here from me again... :)

Sorry for being gone for so long. I'm nearly done with my University and currently have atleast 2 weeks of absolutely nothing but gaming and work to do. So, I figured I'd give this another shot.

3 questions, is this still alive?

and, after I modify a scene how do I find the file so I can upload it?

and, do you know how to fix the problem I had before with Lords hall and courtyards being mixed up?

Unfortunatley I will have to re-do what I have previously done. My computer has suffered many issues since the last time I posted, I have re-formatted 5 times.

Anyway If you still want my help I will put my amateur scene skills to use on your mod.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 09:35:20 AM »
Great to hear from you again! I'm still very much working on this, yea.

To find the file, go into your M&B folder > Modules > Southern Realms > Sceneobj

You then need to work out which file it is. This is pretty difficult without a copy of module_parties (which will come out with the next release)

I've now fixed the hall/courtyard thing, but it might be best to wait until the next version (which will be soon) to scene edit much, as the order of parts of the files has changed so it may be very difficult to implement scenes made with the old version.

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »
Very well, I'll wait till' the next release.

I have alot of time on my hands, I work a part time job and I am know taking my College Classes online for at least the next 3 months. So I have alot of free time.

Let me know if there is anything else I can try to do to help.

I still think this is one of the most amazing mods I've seen.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »
At some point when I get a break from coursework and stuff, I'll get a release out...  :ermm:

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 06:06:51 PM »
Good news for the most part.

If I enter a town that doesnt have a scene at all I get an error. For example I figured I should try to redo the scenes I had done in the past so while loading Kakkan I get the message unable to locate scn_village_101.scn then after making some changes to it and saving that file appears in the scenes folder. So I should be able to redo these and upload them here.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My Observations/Plans
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »
Good thinking!