Author Topic: Voting Window & Advice Thread  (Read 5294 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Voting Window & Advice Thread
« on: April 25, 2015, 01:56:41 AM »
Hello, all. You can now cast your Middle earth general election ballots. You have ten votes to split between the parties for each of your constituencies. All the constituencies have four parties - Green Arda, MACHO, MEAD, and the WTA standing. Five also have the Shiny Shirt Society standing - Nurnen, Angmar, Rhudar, Upper Anduin and Minas Tirith.

So a hypothetical example ballot should look something like this:
Cambridge
MACHO 4
Green Arda 3
MEAD 2
WTA 1

You should each be submitting three of these - message them to me in a private form, by PM, on Facebook, or by email (megadux@exilian.co.uk).

Remember you can read through the threads here:
Hustings: http://www.exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3827.0
Main debate: http://www.exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3846.0
And most importantly, PLEASE read your constituency guide here - the most important thing is that you vote in character as much as you can:
http://www.exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3815.0

You can still ask questions of the candidates in the main debate thread until the results declaration (and please do!).

Any questions, please ask here :)

As a reminder, the list of who can vote where:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Voting Window & Advice Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 11:22:10 PM »
A possibly silly question: when does voting end?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 11:39:53 PM »
When I have all the votes. As yet, I have none of the votes.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

HanSolo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 08:47:30 AM »
VOTE SSS, VOTE SHAGRAT!!!  :orc:

PS - The SSS would like to propose an early treaty to Hobbits guaranteeing their continued safety and independence in the Shire in exchange for the original Shiny Shirt...it is NOT a museum piece, it is SHAGRAT'S!!!

If you've lost it feel free to join the SSS and all non-elven folk in a grand quest to recover it!

Once again, VOTE SSS, VOTE SHAGRAT!!!  :orc:

PPS - Shagrat does not care if he is breaking the rules by posting this - free speech is a newly won Right now that the Dark Lord is gone, so you will not silence me, I mean him!

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 11:57:18 AM »
So the people of the Shire only get safety and independence if they hand over a precious historical artefact and family heirloom, yes? Otherwise the hobbits are not Shagrat's friends, I take it - and it's been made fairly clear what happens to people who are not Shagrat's friends.

To the other parties: I trust that you are mindful of threats to the peace and security of our nation.

Tar-Palantir

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 05:36:55 PM »
MACHO evidently condemn the SSS's thinly-disguised threats and militaristic bent. Whilst a (small) centrally-controlled military force would seem necessary for defence and security, we feel that that would be sufficient, given Middle-earth's history of armed violence.

We are also confident our previously-proposed policing and defence forces would suffice to contain any SSS-inspired violence. A MACHO government will not let Middle-earth fall back into the abyss of intercommunal violence and will ensure peace and order are maintained, whilst limiting the power of the military establishment and the armed forces.
Definitely not Ar-PharazĂ´n.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 05:48:55 PM »
Need votes in!

(FEED ME DATA)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 04:52:45 PM »
Nearly half the seats are in!

Reports in so far indicate a strong performance by the WTA, with some unexpectedly good results for them in key urban seats. It does, however, look as if they will remain short of a majority, with MEAD currently looking like being the largest opposition party. Some sort of coalition will likely have to be formed in order to govern...

In news from individual seats:
- Imrahil and his deputy Angbor of Lamedon both appear to have entered parliament with ease, with a huge and highly concentrated WTA vote in Gondor being the foundation of their current polling lead
- Alatar has similarly carried Dorwinion by a large margin; MEAD have done well across wide areas, but have fewer "fortresses" returning multiple MEAD candidates.
- The SSS have failed to gain a seat in their first target to be announced (Arthedain, Angmar, and Forochel)
- Green Arda's leaders both saw significant scares in their seats, with Eowyn and Faramir only just managing to garner enough votes to pull through.

HanSolo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 09:03:48 PM »
...vote sss...vote shagrat?  :orc:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 01:57:47 PM »
I'm now doling out remaining areas to anyone who will take them and isn't a candidate :P