Author Topic: Tattoos?  (Read 5632 times)

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tattoos?
« on: May 11, 2015, 11:44:36 AM »
I'm hella pumped because I'm about to get a tattoo based around the JD Salinger quote "I've survived many things, and I'll probably survive this".

I have two others, pics of all three will follow.

Anyone fancy sharing tattoos they have/want?

There might have already been a thread like this, I vaguely remember it, but I couldn't find it...
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tattoos?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 12:05:18 PM »
I've wanted a full back yggdrasil with the top tendrils coming out across my shoulders for ages. I'd need to change my body shape first however.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 01:15:04 PM »
That'd be pretty awesome.
I've kind of wanted many tattoos but there's only so much surface area on my body so deciding which ones to go for would be too much effort.

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 04:59:48 PM »
Awesome ideas, not enough action guys.

comrade_general

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 08:33:06 PM »
I think I've got a tattoo.

Oh wait.

No.

It's just chocolate.

Nom.

Oh.

No.

That wasn't chocolate.

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 09:08:15 AM »
Ew.

Speaking of 'ew', I was going to post photos of my new tat, but it turns out I'm allergic to hypo-allergenic microporous tape?? So now I have a hideous, peeling rash. Eugh.

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »
I've considered them in the past but the permanence puts me off. If I could keep them for five or ten years that'd be fine but after that I'd like to reuse the canvas!

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 02:32:29 PM »
See if you can get tattoo'd with semi-permanent ink. They use it for tattoo'd on make-up.

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 05:45:41 PM »
Huh, I did not know that.

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 06:23:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's a thing. But I might've made it up. :S

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 11:34:15 AM »
I've been thinking about tattoos again, I like koi and I like the Tully's (from GoT) family motto and I was thinking of combining them into a tattoo design with the words in kanji. Obviously a risk of looking like a weabo doucheweasel but meh. So far I think this would be in black with maybe blue and red in there to math Tully colours or to look good but it depends how it would look. Like black and red koi on blue water?
I also think I would like a big traditional colourful koi tattoo on my thigh at some point.
And I've been toying with the idea of getting some tattoos based of my home judo club's logo. I think it could look cool, lends itself fairly well to a tattoo design but I know my home coach really doesn't like tattoos and it's his club so idk. Also would like to get the logo of one of my coach's up here because it looks awesome (red hand print) but I don't really train with his system much. And I'm not too sure it would look as cool in tattoo format either.

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 10:20:46 PM »
Penty,

My main issues with tattoos in languages you don't speak - particularly non-Roman-alphabet ones (harder to infer meaning) - is the risk of poor translation. Even if you get someone to translate it for you, you can never be sure they've not deliberately done it wrong... (this is assuming you don't speak/read Japanese - if you're confident enough to check a translation, that's a whole other story)

As for the Judo-club-logo-thing, ultimately it's your body and your decision, but it might be kinda armadilloty to get it if the guy is strictly anti-tattoo.

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 07:35:59 PM »
Sometimes I think I'd like a tattoo, but realistically I may as well just draw on myself because I'm so impatient/changeable :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 10:36:32 PM »
I've probably mentioned this elsewhere, but I had a childhood phobia of being marked (face painting was out of the question - persuading me to use badges or stickers was pretty difficult) and whilst it's not a big issue for me now it definitely 110% rules tattoos out!

Also no freakin' idea what I'd get (not least because it's a moot point), I don't think anything is quite fundamental enough to me to take that step. Maybe a pangolin.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 10:26:30 PM »
That's news to me joobs.
No I don't speak Japanese or have any plan on learning the written language but I have a fairly free sense of humour so I'm not too worried about the thought of a dodgy translation. In fact I've often considered getting random nonsense tattood in kanji for the bantz.
Yeah I'm pretty hesitant about the club tattoo, although it would be based on/inspired by the logo rather than being the logo itself.