Author Topic: Playlist  (Read 213917 times)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Playlist
« Reply #435 on: March 31, 2013, 11:29:42 PM »
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #436 on: April 02, 2013, 10:09:09 PM »
Safety Dance by what appears to be elves a dwarf and a lot of acid. There was probably a band or something too /shrug
Shout by Tears for Fears
Don't Stop Believin' by Journey

Other than that, In Flames (Clayman), Norther (til death unites us),CoB(Blooddrunk and AYDY)
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #437 on: April 02, 2013, 11:23:17 PM »
Well, I just took the time to watch Safety Dance.  A certain percentage of my life I won't be getting back in a hurry.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #438 on: April 02, 2013, 11:58:16 PM »
True, but now you'll get around 1% more scrubs references.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #439 on: April 03, 2013, 01:58:19 AM »
We can dance, we can dance. Everybody look at your hands.

Also bonus points for Children of Bodom.  ;D
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

comrade_general

« Reply #440 on: April 07, 2013, 02:25:31 PM »

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #441 on: April 08, 2013, 06:59:55 PM »
Hey Mr Silver Wolf!

You heard of London Metallers - The Defiled? They've been kicking the metal scene in the ass since 2010 or something, really revived UK metal altogether. If you find something on youtube with AvD remix attached, just ignore it, that guy is piss poor at remixes :P

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #442 on: April 09, 2013, 06:27:19 PM »
CG, thank you for that. The Doctor Who soundtrack is portugaling awesome. As is the Safety Dance :P

I heard of the Defiled! While I'm not too into the really heavy stuff myself (I like to stick around Metallica/Megadeth levels of heaviness :P ), I do actually like them, or at least what I've heard.
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #443 on: April 09, 2013, 07:14:59 PM »
Yay! I've been following this band since they started so I like to promote them when I can :)

I like that it is actually proper melodic death metal like CoB or Norther but slower, though they can pick up the pace when they want.

Megadeth have some absolute classics as do most of that era of metallers. Wizzard are also pretty good, like a German Megadeth to my ears.

Even anyone who doesn't like metal will love a few Metallica songs, I think it's a testament to their epicness :D

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #444 on: April 09, 2013, 07:54:40 PM »
Agreed.
Metallica's S&M live album kicks ass hard. Really hard.

I also like melodic death metal. I'm familiar with CoB and Norther, but my favorites are Eluveitie and Wintersun.

Orgasmic.

Some of my other favorites are Cradle of Filth, Tristania (during the time they still had Vibeke Stene) and Blind Guardian.
Blind Guardian has a special place in my heart because they got me into all of this.

I've heard of the Defiled before, but I've never really had time to dive into another maniacal metal spree.
Until now. And they sound promising.
Will have to wait for the next week after the exams are over in order to dive properly, though.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:57:45 PM by Silver Wolf »

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #445 on: April 09, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »
 /bow Thank you so much! Those guys are awesome, youtubing everything they have as I write. Ensiferum are also good but the problem with them is that they have 8 or 9 standout epic tracks then the rest of it can't match up.

Wintersun are old favorites though I've not listened to them in a while.

You get into Bodom with the new stuff or old? Apparently theres this big fight over which is better as the styles are so different. Personally I've only really listened to the newer stuff, I have all the studio albums but the older ones didn't grab me as much with the exception of a handful of great tracks.

End of Innocence is my personal favorite by The Defiled, one of the 'softer' but the lyrics are just so cool.

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #446 on: April 09, 2013, 08:20:05 PM »
Just to clarify, you don't mean this Wizzard do you?

:P
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #447 on: April 09, 2013, 08:25:14 PM »
hahahahahaha, yeah wait until 2:03, the double bass pedal kicks in and it turns into mass slaughter xD

Edit; Maybe with 1 'z' then my playlist might be lying :)

EDIT 2:Try Iron War by Wizard, though Iron, Steel, Metal is my fav song by them :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:58:24 PM by luckynumber13 »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #448 on: April 09, 2013, 11:04:14 PM »
You get into Bodom with the new stuff or old? Apparently theres this big fight over which is better as the styles are so different. Personally I've only really listened to the newer stuff, I have all the studio albums but the older ones didn't grab me as much with the exception of a handful of great tracks.

Honestly, I have no idea. Children of Bodom are one of those bands which I listen from time to time, so I don't know what's new or old.
I believe it's the new stuff.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #449 on: April 19, 2013, 10:12:03 PM »