Author Topic: Post-ExiliCon discussion  (Read 3254 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Post-ExiliCon discussion
« on: July 12, 2015, 07:36:44 AM »
So... what did y'all think?

Also, fill in the survey and stuff, surveys are cool.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/262F8GR
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Post-ExiliCon discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 10:57:11 AM »
As someone who saw all the talks I am pleased to say that not a single one bored me. There was an incredible variety and they were all interesting.
We need to add some buffers between talks though and a yellow then red card or similar. Many talks ran long and ate into the next talk but that's still better than most of them running short!

I don't know if it was signage or lack of people in general but there weren't really enough people attending most talks. Perhaps for the next one we should have some sort of trailer for each speaker to better put across what to expect. I had no idea what Mirror State was, for example, but their talk was amazing.

Oh and volunteers clearly need to have their mouths sprayed chrome before being thrown into the action. They will of course be witnessed.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 11:21:05 AM »
It was lack of people in general, for most of the day I didn't have surplus people upstairs who I could send downstairs and some traders were I think a bit put out by the turnout. We'll see what the feedback forms look like.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 12:20:03 PM »
I assumed that it was in the traders' interests to promote the event. I know Jenny and I did our best to get the word out for our respective shops.
Either way it felt like a big step up from the first year. Roll on year three!

MirrorState

• View Profile
    • Mirror State
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 08:59:20 PM »
We enjoyed coming along to ExiliCon, nice friendly atmosphere and we'll be back again no doubt. I filled out the survey, and was maybe a little downbeat about the number of people who turned up, but for the cost of attending it was worth the effort.

- Sam
Mirror State - The live action disaster movie

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 10:28:59 AM »
It was so fun and exciting! I wasn't there, but the 11th was a good day. ;D
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

stormwell

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 04:12:47 PM »
I'm glad I got invited and the fact that its an easier event to get to than the UK Games Expo is a plus in my book (even if it was a long and tiring day).

Sod's law it had to be a weekend when there were a number of big events going on in Cambridge, found virtually every place to stay was booked up months ago.

Still, heres to next year.

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 05:53:55 PM »
Sod's law it had to be a weekend when there were a number of big events going on in Cambridge, found virtually every place to stay was booked up months ago.
We're sorry about this; various Exilian members suffered from the same problem, and it is definitely something we will bear in mind for next year. Last year, the event was a couple of weeks later, and didn't (as far as we know) clash with anything in Cambridge. By the time we had found out that this year's date did clash, it was too late to change it.

stormwell

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 08:11:43 PM »
We're sorry about this; various Exilian members suffered from the same problem, and it is definitely something we will bear in mind for next year. Last year, the event was a couple of weeks later, and didn't (as far as we know) clash with anything in Cambridge. By the time we had found out that this year's date did clash, it was too late to change it.

Not a problem, it happens.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 11:20:55 PM »
I should get round to posting the results of our surveys in the staff area at some point...