Author Topic: Hello, everyone  (Read 3800 times)

James Holloway

• Non-Citizen Organisers
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello, everyone
« on: July 25, 2015, 10:20:21 AM »
I'm James -- I was at ExiliCon 2015 as one of the Isles of Darkness team and I thought I'd register for the site as a way of keeping track of what the cool people I met there are up to.

Like a lot of people on here, I'm a gamer and a history nerd; I blog about historical and gaming topics, at https://gonzohistory.wordpress.com/ and http://gonzohistorygaming.blogspot.co.uk/ respectively, although there's a lot of overlap.

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hello, everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:02:39 PM »
Welcome to Exilian!

I possibly spoke to you at Exilicon? I was with The Cyril Project (I'm Liz, if you couldn't guess from the username).
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 05:48:08 PM »
Welcome! :)

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 06:23:20 PM »
'ello!
I saw your write-up and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the minis painted. Exciting!

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 07:41:34 PM »
Welcome to Exilian!

I was another one at ExiliCon - I was on the reception desk for the day. I didn't manage to talk to anybody at great length, so I'll be interested to hear more about Isles of Darkness.

I've had a quick scan through recent posts on your history blog, and they look like an intriguingly eclectic mix - I think I'll be going back for more. Please feel free to post history stuff here too.

James Holloway

• Non-Citizen Organisers
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 11:31:27 PM »
Welcome to Exilian!

I possibly spoke to you at Exilicon? I was with The Cyril Project (I'm Liz, if you couldn't guess from the username).

Briefly, I think! A good friend of mine who is a librarian signed up and I think I was with her -- it sounds like an interesting project.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 12:00:40 AM »
Hi! Great to see you on here :)

And yes, as a resident historian I'm very happy to see more history, gaming, and indeed mixtures thereof splurged wherever you feel like :D
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

James Holloway

• Non-Citizen Organisers
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 12:17:14 AM »
'ello!
I saw your write-up and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the minis painted. Exciting!

I've got a grot done and I'm working on some more -- but right now I'm panicking about getting my figures ready for BOYL 2015, which is next weekend, so I'm up to my ears doing that at the moment. Normal service will be resumed week after next!