Author Topic: Season 9  (Read 3207 times)

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
Season 9
« on: November 18, 2015, 09:53:01 PM »
What does everyone think so far?

To me this season has been very strong so far, although that last episode (Sleep No More) was weak (stupid monsters, was just boring really). All of the two parters have been good or better so far, I have high hopes that this will be a pretty stellar season.
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

comrade_general

Re: Season 9
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 10:59:29 PM »
Meh have yet to watch beyond the first couple episodes, which were rather weak imo. Only good thing about it was when he called Davros a moron.

Not that I've given up on it. I'll get round to watching the rest of it. It's just not nearly as good as it once was. Back then I never missed an ep when it was on TV.

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 07:40:29 AM »
Yeah, I very nearly gave up after the tragedy that was last season, but this one has been pretty good in my opinion. It's certainly not as good as it was a few years ago.
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 12:34:40 PM »
Sleep No More was poor, the lake ones I quite liked, the Maisie Williams ones were fun, the Zygon episodes were fantastically good. Capaldi going full shouty angry at the end of Zygon inversion is a brilliant scene.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 01:06:43 PM »
The lake ones were good, but the resolution felt to easy. Capaldi's speech at the end of Zygon Inversion gave me chills, I feel like that will be his defining scene.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 01:10:25 PM »
Which leads to the interesting question, what were the defining scenes for the other 12? I might make a new thread for that...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 04:41:11 PM »
Finally getting round to seeing 9. Got pretty much the same opinion as y'all; better than season 8, etc.

Edit: Sleep No More was pretty dumb, apparently they were carrying around big fancy flashlights and not portugaling machine guns.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 05:15:56 PM by comrade_general »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 11:51:13 PM »
Sleep No More was terrible, but I'd say it was the only really terrible episode of the season, and Heaven Sent and The Zygon Inversion were both fantastic IMO. Hell Bent I felt had some real missed opportunities which was a shame, I wanted a lot more Gallifrey in it.

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 10:56:52 AM »
Heaven Sent may well be the best episode of the season, it was really incredible. Hell Bent on the other hand was a huge disappointment. They should have left Clara dead and made it a Time Lord victorious kind of thing.