Author Topic: Plot, Adventure Plots & More Plot  (Read 2436 times)

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
Plot, Adventure Plots & More Plot
« on: December 10, 2015, 01:00:03 PM »
Currently have a few ideas for adventures for Frozen Skies kicking around, plus a possible Plot Point Campaign. So decided to post up an overview of each one, see what interests people, etc.

http://www.utherwaldpress.com/2015/12/plot-adventure-plots-more-plot.html

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Plot, Adventure Plots & More Plot
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 11:39:26 PM »
All these sound like scenarios I'd be happy to play :)

I suppose my only input as of now is that with the Mine and Remnants is that they might end up not getting into the sky much, which is fine but they might need some other adventure ideas around to balance that out; given the setting's name having more adventure plot thats are fairly flying/travel heavy might be a good idea?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 10:08:36 PM »
Yes, good point.

Considering an adventure basedround the Death's Chase air race, though currently struggling as to how I'll do said adventure.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 11:54:09 PM »
Having a plot based around race-rigging, engine sabotage mysteries, etc, ending with the PCs flying the race against the villains, or something like that?

And then count down the seconds until a player decides to create the inevitable character with the "kid flying ace who grew up in a junkyard" backstory reference.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 11:03:32 AM »
It was mainly how to do the actual race, but I think I've got something after reading through the Savage Worlds rules.

Savage Worlds has the Chase rules, I feel I can probably straight up use those with little in the way of modification. The idea is to have each lap as a Chase in their own right, perhaps cutting to 'behind the scenes' stuff in between each lap as the other players (if they're not in the race) do stuff.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 12:57:04 PM »
I don't know SW well enough to comment on the exact mechanics, but yeah, that sounds reasonable :)